Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Member Profile: pkumarm (2 posts)

Hello, I'm pkumarm (report this user)
I am from India
I last logged in on 03 Jul 2013
I have been a member since 02 Jul 2013
I have added 2 posts in trackitt forums
I added my last post on 02 Jul 2013
pkumarm's Posts
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 02 Jul 2013
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

Can anyone confirm whether this is true?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 02 Jul 2013
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

Is this true?

The spouse of an expatriate can now work in India and such visas can now be converted in India itself. Similarly, an expatriate may not be required to return to his home country and obtain a new visa in case of inter-company movements.

Conversion of a dependent visa into employment visa of spouse. The spouse of a foreign national is allowed to visit India on a dependent (‘X’) visa. The holder of this visa cannot undertake any business or economic activity or accept any employment in India.

According to a recent change, the spouse of the foreign national who is on secondment to India, can get the dependent visa converted into an employment visa in India on meeting the following conditions: The spouse has a valid employment visa; the spouse satisfies all conditions laid down for grant of employment visa in India; and the application for conversion is supported by a favorable report from jurisdictional Foreigners’ Registration Office.

Visa stamping on change of employer in India. A foreign national is now permitted to change his employer in India if it is approved by the ministry of home affairs (MHA).

The applications may be considered by MHA if the following mentioned conditions are satisfied: The foreign national holds a senior/skilled position in India; the change of employer is between registered holding company and its subsidiaries or vice-versa or subsidiaries of a registered holding company; and the application is supported by a certificate of holding/subsidiary relationship, a justification letter, and a no-objection certificate, etc.

Visa stamping if the company's name changes. The name of the Indian company, which sponsors the visa, is mentioned on the passport of a foreign national.

MHA has clarified that in case there is a change in the name of the Indian company on account of merger, acquisition, change in legal structure, etc, a requisite visa stamping indicating the new name of the company has to be made on the passport/visa of the foreign national.

Clarity on the definition of salary. The visa guidelines provide that an employment visa may be granted to a foreign national only if his ‘salary’ is in excess of $25,000 per annum.

The MHA has clarified that for working the salary limit: In addition to salary and other allowances paid in cash, the value of perquisites like rent free accommodation, etc, which form part of salary for the purpose of calculating income tax may be taken into account.

Perquisites that are not included for calculating the income tax should not be taken into account for working out the salary threshold limit
I don't like this postI like this post