Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Member Profile: waitgratiion (4 posts)

Hello, I'm waitgratiion (report this user)
I am from India
I last logged in on 05 Mar 2015
I have been a member since 19 Nov 2014
I have added 4 posts in trackitt forums
I added my last post on 05 Mar 2015
waitgratiion's Posts
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 05 Mar 2015
Topic: H1 to EAD H4 Conversion

Appreciate starting a new thread for this topic. I am surprised there hasn't been much focus on this. Personally, I am completing my 6 years on H1 the coming September. My perm is pending. I am not too optimistic about it getting approved by September given it was just filed a few weeks back. So, H4 EAD is a fall back. And like you mentioned 'timing' is of essence as you want the entire process to be seamless.

It is good to know that there may be a 'effective date' that we can choose on the H4 app, but I guess as with everything related to immigration, we will have to get a legal confirmation on this.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 24 Nov 2014
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

I am not sure if someone has posed this question before, but here it goes. I am currently on my H1 (6th year), and have initiated my GC process (still in the ad phase). There is a risk that I might not have my I140 approved before end of my 6 years. My spouse has an approved I140 with a priority date in 2011 (eternal wait in the eb2 queue). Here are my questions on the premise that the H4-EAD proposal may become effective in the next 2 months.

If I do not receive my I140 approval before the end of my 6 year term, I will have to apply for an H4. Then it is a no brainer to apply for the EAD. But, is there something I can do preemptively to take advantage of the H4 EAD, without waiting till my 6 years expire? For example, apply for a H4 status while being on my H1, and then applying for EAD. The caveat is that I am contracting long term with a client. The client would not mind me taking a break of a month for this. But, are there any risks/delays in doing something like this. Having an EAD opens up the job market for me tremendously.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 19 Nov 2014
Topic: Will CIR pass by end of this year

Please wait till things are revealed. If there is any literature in the EO that alludes to legal immigration, talk to your attorney to assess your next action. At this point, recapture is just a means to an end that immigration attorneys closer to the subject figured. Most articles referencing this probably are getting paid per click, and that might be the only motivation.
The fact of the matter is that the whole EO is driven by vote bank politics, and in a topic like recapture, there are no political gains for anyone, and hence no motivation to consider it.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 19 Nov 2014
Topic: Will CIR pass by end of this year

If indeed the 500k is allocated only to STEM candidates, do we have any meaningful insight into how many STEM applicants are currently stuck in the EB clog? My 2 cents - Regardless of who gets to use this 500k pool, it should have a cascading effect in freeing up visas for the average EB Joe.
I don't like this postI like this post