close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Member Profile: worthlesswait (34 posts)

Advertisement    
 
Hello, I'm worthlesswait (report this user)
I am from India
I last logged in on 11 Jan 2017
I have been a member since 10 Nov 2011
I have added 34 posts in trackitt forums
I added my last post on 11 Jan 2017
worthlesswait's Posts
1 2 Next »
Posted in I-140 Forum on 11 Jan 2017
Topic: Chance for EB1A Approval: Seeking advice

I understand my case is not an easy one but I have not yet been refused by any lawyer though none has given chance of successs more than 40-50%. I understand the risk is high for denial but waiting is extremely frustrating. Still waiting for VC to come back.

Do I qualify for EB1B? I thought it was only for recognition in academia. What new rule you are talking about.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 11 Jan 2017
Topic: Chance for EB1A Approval: Seeking advice

I have a granted US patent which was commercialized.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 11 Jan 2017
Topic: Chance for EB1A Approval: Seeking advice

Hi Veda,

I am contemplating filing in EB1A category and reached out to few lawyers for early assessment. Couple of small lawyers have accepted the case as positive, EG is willing but is cautioning risk (not sure apart from denial what other risks are there), awaiting response from VC and Zhang. My case is bit unconventional as I do not qualify for publication and citations. I am trying 3 criteria- Original scientific contribution of significance, in leading or critical role and high salary. I have heard HS is a difficult criteria to meet. Is that true? As a back will also consider EB2 NIW though I have an approved 1-140 under EB2-I with PD of July 2010.

Appreciate if you and experienced folks can comment on the probability of success.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 13 Jun 2016
Topic: Shall I voluntarily renounce Canadian PR?

Yes and No. If I want to reenter Canada as with TRV and in future want to reapply for new PR ,I need to renounce PR. The below link provides all the instructions

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applic...

But you are right. I can also do nothing and would remain PR in Canada system but I don't know the advantage unless I just show up on the port of entry and hope that I don't get reported for PR violation. I think they cannot refuse entry but most likely would report that will lead to removal proceedings. I am not in that situation yet and would like to regain PR and restart the clock. My thoughts ...don't know if they make sense that's why I am reaching out to hear different views.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 13 Jun 2016
Topic: Shall I voluntarily renounce Canadian PR?

Friends,

I will appreciate some insight here.

Thanks
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 10 Jun 2016
Topic: Shall I voluntarily renounce Canadian PR?

Mine is an old case. I applied for PR in 2003 from India. It was awarded in 2009 while I was in US. I didn't have the job offer then but if you have one now I think it is very quick. With express entry if you get an invitation to apply the application goes fast within 6 months.

I would appreciate if somebody can advise me on my question. Is there any advantage to holding onto PR card?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 10 Jun 2016
Topic: Shall I voluntarily renounce Canadian PR?

Hi Nit,

If you go to the CIC website and select do I qualify under skilled program, the system will ask you few questions before spitting out the result. You will get 10 or 12 digit application ID to apply. Good luck.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 10 Jun 2016
Topic: Shall I voluntarily renounce Canadian PR?

Friends,

We received our PR for Canada in summer of 2009. The cards expired in 2014 and we have not met the residency obligation to renew them. At this time there is also no desire for at least 3 years to relocate from US to Canada. With this scenario I think there is a zero chance of renewal. I am thinking of voluntarily renouncing the PR and reapply again as fresh application in express entry program which I qualify. I am in eb2 India with July,2010 priority date.

What do you guys say?
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-140 Forum on 05 Apr 2016
Topic: I-140 EAD approved by OMB

Sorry I am looking for advice or thoughts. So posting my request here in this forum

Here is my case: EB2-India, priority date July 10,2010. Work for a pharmaceutical company. Years in job 7+, expired Canadian PR Card (did not meet residency requirements)

While talking to my manager this afternoon we ended up discussing GC process and my painful wait to file 485. He suggested whether moving to Canada or somewhere else for 12 months would help speed up the process considering I am not too far at least on paper from filing dates of July, 2009. I have to get back to him after discussing with my family as my wife is on EAD and my son is in high school. So away from family, loss in income ( at least 100k) and not so pleasant process of processing application for consular processing, Canada work visa etc are few roadblocks. Lets assume the family can stay in US on F-1/F-2 visa. For the process from start to completion of 12 months assignment to getting back to US and eventually filing i-140 and 485, I am looking at 18-24 months from today's date? If I just wait may be I can file 485 by summer of next year?

So what do you say gurus? I am kicking myself for not having to have this discussion 2 years back.

Appreciate some thoughts here.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 05 Apr 2016
Topic: Advice needed

Here is my case: EB2-India, priority date July 10,2010. Work for a pharmaceutical company. Years in job 7+, expired Canadian PR Card (did not meet residency requirements)

While talking to my manager this afternoon we ended up discussing GC process and my painful wait to file 485. He suggested whether moving to Canada or somewhere else for 12 months would help speed up the process considering I am not too far at least on paper from filing dates of July, 2009. I have to get back to him after discussing with my family as my wife is on EAD and my son is in high school. So away from family, loss in income ( at least 100k) and not so pleasant process of processing application for consular processing, Canada work visa etc are few roadblocks. Lets assume the family can stay in US on F-1/F-2 visa. For the process from start to completion of 12 months assignment to getting back to US and eventually filing i-140 and 485, I am looking at 18-24 months from today's date? If I just wait may be I can file 485 by summer of next year?

So what do you say gurus? I am kicking myself for not having to have this discussion 2 years back.

Appreciate some thoughts here.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 26 Sep 2015
Topic: Oct 2015 Visa Bulletin changed

Friends,

This I believe is the final test of our patience. Whatever comes out of this mess it should be at least a wake up call for USCIS highhanded ness. If Greg is willing and I for myself is fiully supportive let us drag these organizations to court. We are skilled workforce and represent high end of socio economic strata, so am sure for our own sanity we should be doing something different this time to regain our lost pride. lets us hire a good legal team and evaluate our options. Friends like kamakazee will probably be willing to lead I hooe
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 02 Jul 2015
Topic: H1B amendment and spouse COS

I have been asked to relocate to east coast. My wife is on F-1 and is thinking to move to H4 for EAD privilege. Can her COS be filed simultaneously with my H1B amendment? I believe premium processing is allowed for H1 amendment.

Please advise.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 18 Feb 2015
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

Response from my company Attorney

You will be able to continue to benefit from your approved PERM and I-140. The JV employer will need to file a new I-140 noting that they are the successor employer, but that’s really an administrative filing and not a substantive one with respect to the PERM or I-140. As for the H, again the JV employer will need to file to amend the employer but it’s also really more of an administrative filing than a substantive one.

Thanks
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 18 Feb 2015
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

This is helpful not because I wanted this answer. I will talk with immigration attorney and update if it helps people like me in the forum
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 18 Feb 2015
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

So does that mean that my wife will miss the boat to file H4EAD? Does this change invalidate my I-140 for all immigration benefit like filing H4EAD? Youa re getting me worried.
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-765 (EAD) Forum on 18 Feb 2015
Topic: EAD for H4 Visa Holders

All,

I have approved i-140 since 2011 but my company is undergoing joint venture which will close next month. The new organization after close will be named after the company bringing majority stake (not my company) . How does this affect my approved I-140 and my wife ability to file H4EAD after the rule is finalized. I do not anticipate change of my PERM location at least in 2015. If this question has been answered previously please direct me to that feed or reply if that is easier.

Thanks
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 27 Jan 2014
Topic: H-4 to F-1 RFE Received-Thoughts

Dear Palguy,

I took your advice and replied with all documents this morning. The case was approved within 3 hours of RFE reply.

Thanks
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 22 Jan 2014
Topic: H-4 to F-1 RFE Received-Thoughts

My wife applied for COS last October from H-4 to F-1. We have received RFE from USCIS asking " Any other Immigration Status Evidence". With the application I did submitt current and valid I-94 and pages of valid visa stamp showing her status. Did we miss something? Are they asking proof of immigration status from the date of first entry in US? She has been all through on H-4 visa since 2005.

Please suggest
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 25 Nov 2013
Topic: H1B stamping- Canada PR card expiring

Dear gurus,

Will appreciate if you could advice me on this troubled question. I have to reluctantly go for H1b stamping due to upcoming international office trip since my USA visa has expired. I do have PR card from Canada which will expire in July 2014. I have not met the residency obligation in all these years. I am thinking of going to canada for stamping and have these questions

- Will I be allowed to enter? If not can I return back to USA with unexpired I-94 by using so called AVR
- DO you think is there any merit to engage canada immigration lawyer to salvage our canada PR card.
I am Eb2 India with priority date of 10 July 2010

The other option is to travel to India. Please suggest
I don't like this postI like this post
Posted in I-485 Forum on 19 Jun 2013
Topic: Will July 2010-eb2i be current by aug-2014 with no CIR?

EB2-India
I don't like this postI like this post
1 2 Next »