close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Please submit your thread title

Advertisement               
      
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread
Start a new thread in this forum

H1b Extension Denied - CSC

Like this thread? I don't like this thread 0I like this thread 0
Posted by pranks (11) 13 Feb 2018#1
Hi,

My H1B extension got denied today it was filed in July and I got RFE in OCT, replied to RFE on 18 Jan and upgraded to premium on 08 Feb. Attorney is yet to receive the reason for denial.
Question I have is my company decided to file for a new petition do I need to go through the lottery process again or will it go through CAP exempt? How much does it usually take for a new petithttp://www.trackitt.com/images/submit_bu... to go through and get a decision on it?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 13 Feb 2018#2
And its purely luck coz a team mate of mine also submitted for extension with exactly the same documents and role and position and his got approved. I am actually his lead :)
I guess the guy who rejected mine was having a rough day. Either way, let me know if anyone knows about what happens from here on.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by permbal (176) 13 Feb 2018#3
to pranks:

Hard luck bro..I am seeing what you are saying.. what was your rfe about and what documents you submitted?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 13 Feb 2018#4
Specialty Occupation
Client Letter
BRM letter and
Job Duties
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by usics (343) 13 Feb 2018#5
to pranks:

As you mentioned its extension, you are cap exempt so no lottery.
But when is your current I94 expiring?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 13 Feb 2018#6
to usics:

Yeah! I read some article about it now! That's a relief but have to wait to see why it was denied in the first place before it can be refiled.
i94 expired last year Sep. So I am out of status and will be moving back soon.
Funny thing is I have an onsite interview with GS this Friday but not sure if they will consider me now. Whoever said Life is a B**** was on point. Anyways, good luck to the rest of you!
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pagladeewana (229) 13 Feb 2018#7
What was the wage level and soc code?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by sp4gcstatus (72) 13 Feb 2018#8
to pranks:

I am also in the same boat. My transfer got denied today and i94 has already been expired.
I want to talk to you. would you mind reaching out to me at response.satish@gmail.com ?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by sp4gcstatus (72) 13 Feb 2018#9
to pranks:

I think the same guy processed my application too and rejected as well. My case was also filed in July, got rfe in Oct converted in premium on Feb 1 and got denied today.
What are the options we have now? Are you a local hire?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by usics (343) 13 Feb 2018#10
to pranks:

Leave asap, even if you are in the 240 days - will be easy while stamping.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by sp4gcstatus (72) 14 Feb 2018#11
to usics:

My 240 days is going to complete in another 45 days however the decision has already been made. I am planning to leave in a week or so. Waiting to hear from the company on next step.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 14 Feb 2018#12
to sp4gcstatus:

I will be leaving states in a week. Have to settle my car and other stuffs.
Does anyone know if there is a wait period before reapplying? My company will file again in premium but we were wondering if it can be filled immediately or are they required to wait for a while?
Waiting for the denial email to understand the reason for denial as well before it can be refiled?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 14 Feb 2018#13
to pranks:

No. I am not a local hire. Options are to go back and ask either your employer to file for a new visa or switch employer and then ask the other employer to file for you. The problem with filing for the same employer is you need to overcome the reason for first denial so that it does not get denied again.
Or find a girl and marry her :)

We are going home! Lets be happy about it !
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by usics (343) 14 Feb 2018#14
to pranks:

You can apply anytime even without waiting for the denial reason. Better apply for another project requirement where things can be justified differently.
If you find a girl, nothing can be better than that option.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 14 Feb 2018#15
to usics:

I am in this project for over 5 years and both my employer and my client want me infact need me back asap. So probably going to apply from the same project with some additional details once I know why it got denied in the first place.
I have my gf from here but I don’t wanna let uscis dictate me when n how to marry her :)
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by sp4gcstatus (72) 14 Feb 2018#16
to pranks:

Did you resign by yourself or company asked you to put a paper? can you pls email me at response.satish@gmail.com
I need to know some more information from you.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 14 Feb 2018#17
to sp4gcstatus:

I have not resigned. I am still with my old employer and they are planning to redo my extension once we know the initial reason for denial.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by usics (343) 15 Feb 2018#18
to pranks:

Better get married, you need a stable job situation to think about other things in life. Else you will die fighting this complex corporate & immigration slavery.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by eb3fupforever (1347) 15 Feb 2018#19

Better get married, you need a stable job situation to think about other things in life. Else you will die fighting this complex corporate & immigration slavery.

to usics:


He is already married. There is a debate now how to get social security benefits since GC will take about 70 years to get. One has to be on H1B until 67 for all benefits, is it possible on H1B with recent changes?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 15 Feb 2018#20
IMPORTANT QUESTION : I told GS that my visa is denied and I have to fly back to India but they are still interested in having the interview with me. They want to have the interview on 20th and my return ticket is for 22nd Feb. Is it ok for me to fly to UTAH from CA for the interview? I am allowed to do that?
Obviously I will have higher chances of extensions getting approved from GS.

Anyone has any idea?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by jhonnyd (83) 15 Feb 2018#21
to pranks:

There should be no restrictions on your flying within the country before your departure date. Go ahead with the GS interview.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by sp4gcstatus (72) 15 Feb 2018#22
to pranks:

Did your employer receive denial notice? I am planning to travel next week. Do we need to get another I-94 to leave the country?
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by JoeF18 (2170) 15 Feb 2018#23

IMPORTANT QUESTION : I told GS that my visa is denied and I have to fly back to India but they are still interested in having the interview with me. They want to have the interview on 20th and my return ticket is for 22nd Feb. Is it ok for me to fly to UTAH from CA for the interview? I am allowed to do that?
Obviously I will have higher chances of extensions getting approved from GS.

Anyone has any idea?

to pranks:


They don't check your immigration status on domestic flights.
They only check id.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 16 Feb 2018#24
to JoeF18:

Thank you! I am going for the interview on tuesday.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by pranks (11) 16 Feb 2018#25
to sp4gcstatus:

No they haven't. I have asked them to book my flight for next week Thursday which means I stayed here for 8 days after my denial which I am hoping is not that bad and would not create a problem when I try to come back again.
We do not need a I-94. Just the receipt number of the extension which was filed.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
 



Do you like trackitt?
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread Start a new thread in this forum
7 users watching this thread
Tell your friends about trackitt