close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Please submit your thread title

Advertisement               
      
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread
Start a new thread in this forum

H1B transfer - 10th year

Like this thread? I don't like this thread 0I like this thread 0
Posted by hopeforead (176) 16 Apr 2018#1
Hi All, TIA for reading and answering.

I am on my 10th year on H1b visa and wish to switch companies. I have 2 offers and unfortunately they are coinciding in timing for visa transfer. Assuming both get approved, which company am I legally required to join? Is it the one that gets approved later or order does not matter and I get to choose.

Any clarity would be appreciated.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by harirajmohan (117) 16 Apr 2018#2
to hopeforead:

It doesnt matter as you can have n number of transfers.

Its up to you and see which is best for your career (and who can get the uscis approval with all needed letters/sows, if applicable. And make sure your I94 is extended if you want to continue working without restamping).
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by hopeforead (176) 16 Apr 2018#3

It doesnt matter as you can have n number of transfers.

Its up to you and see which is best for your career (and who can get the uscis approval with all needed letters/sows, if applicable. And make sure your I94 is extended if you want to continue working without restamping).

to harirajmohan:



Hi harirajmohan,

Thanks for quick reply. I am sure both will get approved. So if company A gets approval later and I decide to go with Company B then it will not be a problem. My I-94 is with current company which is valid until Mid next year. So in any case one I go out of US I need to get restamping. Will it matter and could be a problem at stamping that I am not working with the company who got my approval last.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by harirajmohan (117) 16 Apr 2018#4
to hopeforead:

Its fine. If asked by visa officer then tell that the suitable position was offered after the last employer offered. Make up a logical reason or tell the valid reason which you are taking by not joining them.

All they wanted is that we have work here and we can prove with enough documents and we are qualified for H1.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by hopeforead (176) 16 Apr 2018#5
to harirajmohan:

Thanks again. Very clear now.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
Posted by usics (719) 16 Apr 2018#6
to hopeforead:

No it will not matter.

You can have approvals from more than one company & if you decide not to join any of them it will not effect your H1 status or future process/stamping. The only thing is your relationship with those firms.
If you join a firm they complete I9 & that's when they enter the govt system about your employment with them. If you don't join they will probably revoke your H1 (this also will not effect your other H1s).
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
 



Do you like trackitt?
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread Start a new thread in this forum
2 users watching this thread
Tell your friends about trackitt