Discuss gigigalou's Canadian Experience Class USCIS Case

Canadian Experience Class case: Approved in 111 days (222 days less than average)
Taiwan
28 Sep 2009
13 Oct 2009
14 Oct 2009
Vancouver, BC
09 Jun 2009
15 Oct 2009
**Application rcvd on Jun. 9th **Draft cashed on Jun. 18th **AOR rcvd on Jun. 29th, dated Jun. 22nd **ME done on Aug. 11th, sent on Aug. 26th, rcvd on Aug. 28th **IA rcvd on Aug. 25th, dated Aug. 13th **RPRF cashed on Sept. 2nd **PPR on Sept. 28th

Users currently watching this case: kcheng, gigigalou, LUX1, pilgrim, favin, sohil31, trackerr, grapeseed 39 Comments

Posted by kcheng
10 Jun 2009 #1
Hello,
Do you know how long it will take to process if I submit my application from Taiwan (I am sending it to the office at Taipei)??
Have you take the IELTS exam?
I was studying and working in Canada for years. I am just doing my military service now. Planning to send my application by mid-July once I got my IELTS.
10 Jun 2009 #2
I have no idea.. I am only guessing it will probably range from 6-12 months. You can ask around, but I am pretty sure that your case will be much faster than those skill worker cases!! Yea.. I took ielts.. Do you have Canadian Working experiences?
Posted by kcheng
10 Jun 2009 #3
I will try to ask around then, but I guess my case is pretty rare in Taiwan.
I have 1+ year full-time work experience in Canada before I came back to Taiwan.
11 Jun 2009 #4
I was planning to go back for military services and apply for immigration in Taiwan too! Anyway, good luck with your application and let me know how it goes! At least, you are doing something while you fulfill the military services!! :D
Posted by kcheng
12 Aug 2009 #5
Hey, your process is pretty quick. You already done your Medical Exam!! What's your next step??
I just got the letter from Taipei office 2 weeks ago. They said they forwarded my application to Buffalo and I will be receiving AOR within 60 days.
Anyways, I might apply for a temporary work permit as well just in case my application is being delayed.
13 Aug 2009 #6
hahha thanks ~! actually, I haven't gotten my IA and ME request yet.. I just wanted to get them done asap... they forwarded ur application to Buffalo ? ! woww !! that sounds odd.. i thought that Taipei office would just process your application on their own ! ?! you wanna apply for work permit?? you are thinking abt coming back to Canada?? what kind of work are you looking for?
Posted by kcheng
13 Aug 2009 #7
They said all CEC applications are processed in Buffalo. Therefore, it is sent to there.
Ya, I am thinking about temporary work permit if my CEC takes too long. I am planning to go back to Canada since I am already used to the lifestyle there. I personally think that Taiwan is not a comfortable place for long stay...
I was a IT consultant for 1+ year in Toronto before I come back to TW for military. So I might possibly go back to where I worked or look for similar work.
What about you?? What do you do for living? Are you planning on visiting Taiwan sometime?
17 Aug 2009 #8
oohh i see!! Good for you then !! I would like to stay in Canada as long as I could too!! I enjoy the life style here !
I am a laboratory technician in UBC. I wish I could go back to Taiwan for a visit, but I haven't finished my military services yet, and I'm not going to grad school at the moment.. so I probably need to wait til I get my Canadian passport..
Posted by LUX1
19 Aug 2009 #9
hi g...,
i have the date june 23 too. i doubt, is it a good idea to get medicals done before they req. i don't have a carecard yet. any problem..
thnx.
19 Aug 2009 #10
you don't need a carecard to do the medical examination !! Every penny for the medical examination comes from your own pocket! Good luck with your application!!

P.S. I doulbe-checked with the CIC and the DMP. It's ok to do the ME ahead of time!
Posted by LUX1
20 Aug 2009 #11
thnx g...,
i was thinking what is the procedure to get an appointment with the doctor for immigration purpose.
thnx again..
Posted by torune
21 Aug 2009 #12
@LUX1
You can just go ahead to call your local DMP and ask whether you can do ME before CIC requests.
If the answer is possitive, the receptionist will give you a list of stuff you need to bring when you see the doctor.
Otherwise, call next DMP in the list.

for me: it was passport, 4 Canadian passport size photos, $145.35 cash(could be different for different DMP), form IMM 1017 (they usually have extra copies)
21 Aug 2009 #13
YEA~~! torune pretty much covered everything I wanted to say !! ME is pretty straight forward, and you can ask the receptionist or DMP if you have anything question! Goood luck !!
Posted by LUX1
21 Aug 2009 #14
thanks buddies !!! really helpful..
Posted by torune
25 Aug 2009 #15
Congrats on your IA, gigigalou. :)
Posted by flaring
25 Aug 2009 #16
how did you manage to get medicals done by yourself?

it's interesting 'cause my part of medical request form came with my photo glued and stamped with cic stamp to the form (like photo in passport) and file No. bar code sticker on form.
25 Aug 2009 #17
Thanks!! Torune ~~~ Good luck on your application !! :)

Flaring: some of the DMP would do the ME ahead of time, but it's better to have AOR before you do ME.. because you can photocopy the barcode file number and paste it on the medical form! That's what the receptionist @ DMP did.. and it's ok for Ottawa too as long as you have the file number!! Just to be on the safe side, I still gave the original medical form to the DMP before he sent my medical results to Ottawa. Good luck on your application ! :)
25 Aug 2009 #18
Thanks!! Torune ~~~ Good luck on your application !! :)

25 Aug 2009 #19
Thanks!! Torune ~~~ Good luck on your application !! :)

Posted by 30up
26 Aug 2009 #20
congrats, gigigalou. i was surprised how fast you got your IA. as for my case, i submitted in may and am still waiting, like most people on trackitt here. i'm thinking about doing my ME in advance too..thank you for sharing the information.

re: Posted by torune on 21 Aug 2009
my doc only required 3 photos, and charges more, but not too much more than your price. i agree it's a good idea to call them up and find an ok price. the most expensive one so far i've heard is $275. hold my jaw..
31 Aug 2009 #21
Thank you!! 30up !

Yea! I think it's not a bad idea to do your ME ahead of time if you have your file number already!! My DMP asked me to bring $175 in cash, 3 passport photos, and passport! Hope this helps!! (I also brought my AOR letter) GOOD LUCK to your case !! :)
31 Aug 2009 #22
Thank you!! 30up !

Posted by LUX1
02 Sep 2009 #23
hi gigigalou,

i recd my ME/IA on 1 sep. , dated 14 aug. i just noticed that your medicals reached them in like two days. that's great! one quick question..
which delivery did you choose and what about the cost coverage to send the parcel to ottawa?

thanx in advance.
Posted by LUX1
02 Sep 2009 #24
hi gigigalou,

thanx in advance.
Posted by LUX1
02 Sep 2009 #25
hi gigigalou,

thanx in advance.
07 Sep 2009 #26
I didn't send the ME result to the Ottawa.. because they require your DMP to send the results! I think they used FedEx.. It's not my call of which deliverary is used!
Posted by flaring
28 Sep 2009 #27
Congrats! A small question - have you had your ecas updated to "medicals received" before ppr?
Posted by flaring
28 Sep 2009 #28
Posted by torune
28 Sep 2009 #29
congrats gigigalou, seems doing ME ahead of time really did save you some time. :)
Posted by torune
28 Sep 2009 #30
Posted by pilgrim
29 Sep 2009 #31
congrats, gigigalou! Share to us your landing experience.
30 Sep 2009 #32
Thanks guys!!

Flaring-i've got medical received on ecase about the same time as i got ppr!! I think it's either on the same day of just 1-2 day differences. BTW, I checked ecas very often.

torune-yea!! You saved up somet waiting-time for the ME too!! Good luck with your case ! :)

pilgrim-i'll let you guys know how my landing goes !!

Good luck everyone!! :)
Posted by favin
15 Oct 2009 #33
how long did it take for you to get your passport back?
Posted by favin
15 Oct 2009 #34
how long did it take for you to get your passport back?
Posted by favin
15 Oct 2009 #35
how long did it take for you to get your passport back?
15 Oct 2009 #36
i mailed it on Sept. 28th, and they received it on 30th. It came back to me on Oct. 13th. so.. approx 15 days..
Posted by trackerr
21 Oct 2009 #37
congrats! that was fast!
Posted by grapeseed
22 Oct 2009 #38
Congrats gigigalou! Mind asking which DMP you finally chose? (I remember seeing one of your post about DMP in Vancouver...)
Posted by grapeseed