Discuss Mary2000's Federal Skilled Workers USCIS Case

19 Aug 2010
28 Nov 2011
Check Comments....

Users currently watching this case: mubbi, benb2, theshivster 9 Comments

Posted by Kitsdude
19 Feb 2011 #1
hey i notice you're on the same timeline as me. surely they'll have to contact us soon, dont you think?
Posted by Mary2000
19 Feb 2011 #2
I wonder? It's driving me insane, all this waiting. Am really hoping that I'll get some word from them soon.
Posted by Kitsdude
20 Feb 2011 #3
the 8 months that they mention in the acknowledgment is not far off so something should happen by then at the latest. i'd expect to hear soon to be honest. have you considered the temporary one?
Posted by Mary2000
20 Feb 2011 #4
I am over in Canada at the moment and I have a shot at the PNP. I have heard it is a bit quicker. Planning to wait for word on this FSW application first though. Best of Luck !!!
Posted by Kitsdude
20 Feb 2011 #5
your FSW would be quicker at this stage than the PNP i would imagine. you'd have to start over again with the process but at least you'd get to stay on in implied status. hope it works out, good luck.
Posted by Mary2000
20 Feb 2011 #6
Thanks Kitsdude, I suppose we need to keep our fingers and toes crossed at this stage......
Posted by Kitsdude
23 Aug 2011 #7
Hey Mary, did you ever get a chance to do the PNP? Still waiting on my side..lol..but I made it back over on the temporary work permit in the meantime.
Posted by Mary2000
28 Nov 2011 #8
18 Months later, and the case had not been reviewed by London. I was married last summer and we are based back in Ireland now. My husband had to add a Canadian Police Certificates to the application for the time we spent in Canada (as it was > 6 months). If we applied abroad for this, it was going to take another 6 months for them to return a Police Cert. Things aren't so bad in Ireland anymore, so.. We decided to withdraw our application. In retrospect, had I known how inefficient the Canadians were, I would have not applied.. Best of luck to you all. Mary
Posted by Kitsdude
30 Nov 2011 #9
Hey Mary, first off congrats :) things change when it takes so long, you have to do whatever is best for yourself. Good Luck!