I moved to the US back in 1998, did my undergrad and grad work in Computer Science. I learned some French for one year while I was in north Africa prior to coming to the US and also had some French classes in college. I have about 4.5 years of experience in software engineering and development. I also have one year experience in translation (English to Arabic and vice versa) and another in teaching Arabic.
I didn't submit any English exam tests. Just submitted a letter explaining that the awards I've won and high grades obtained in school wouldn't have been possible without a good command of English!
Here's what I included in the application:
1. Copies of diplomas, transcripts, certificates (high school, college, grad school).
2. Copies of awards and recognitions (academic and professional).
3. Resume + letters of recommendations from previous employers.
4. Statements for bank and retirement accounts.
5. Copy of my credit score and total debt (to show financial stability and responsibility).
6. Letter attesting my command of English.
7. FBI background check.
1. Police certificates.
2. English/French language tests.
I haven't seen the documents that have been requested yet..but will let you know as soon as I do.