Discuss mcpol's Quebec Skilled Workers USCIS Case

Quebec Skilled Workers case: Approved in 595 days (138 days less than average)
Poland
21 Jun 2011
05 Jul 2011
05 Jul 2011
St-Bernard-de-Lacolle
04 Nov 2009
05 Jul 2011
Draft cashed Aug 30, 2011. CAIPS: FILE BF'D TO: PQ ON 17-03-2011. May 20, 2011 request to pay RPRF and submit original police certificates. Update in CIC: decision made and passport sent from Port Erie June 28, 2011.

Users currently watching this case: freds, mcpol, metea, JetSens, digital, ton40, rotest100, Keptis 43 Comments

01 Dec 2009 #1
Credit card charged on Dec 1, 2009
Posted by metea
04 Dec 2009 #2
Hi!
Did you apply for the CSQ within Canada?
Cheers!

04 Dec 2009 #3
Yes, I did. I applied from Montreal.
Posted by metea
04 Dec 2009 #4
Good to know they already came to your case!
I also applied from here.

Good luck with your application!
Posted by JetSens
17 Dec 2009 #5
After they charge your credit card did you get a case number for your file. How long did it take for you to get the case number confirmation? Thanks
18 Dec 2009 #6
They charged the card on Dec 1, I received the letter with my case number on Dec 4. The letter was sent within Montreal.
Posted by ton40
05 Jun 2010 #7
Hello mcpol! Congrats on the CSQ!!! Did they notify you that you need to attend an interview ahead of time or it was last minute call?
Good luck with the federal procedure!
05 Jun 2010 #8
I received letter from them about two weeks before scheduled interview. The only thing that worries me is that they didn't give me medical forms together with th CSQ.
Posted by ton40
05 Jun 2010 #9
You will get the medical forms latter. First you need to apply for the federal procedure and after they review you file they will send you medical request and forms. Once you do the medicals them they will request you passport. Good luck!
05 Jun 2010 #10
congrats mcpol for ur csq. it proves there is somebody working at MICC
03 Sep 2010 #11
hey mcpol did u pay it all or just $550?
08 Sep 2010 #12
Ae03yy, I paid just $550.
Posted by Victory2010
25 Sep 2010 #13
Hi mcpol,
Congrate for your AOR and Medicals. I want to know if Buffalo send you an email first before your receive the mail?
Thanks and Good luck!
25 Sep 2010 #14
No e-mail. But first good sign is cashed money order. Second, I am not sure if it works, but I see this option now. You can try logging into: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en. You don't know your immigration file number, but if you work or study in Canada, you have Client ID. The point is that the first record was done there in my case on Sep 15, but AOR was mailed later on Sep 21. However, I have heart that Client Application Status online is updated not every day... Good luck!
25 Sep 2010 #15
congrats Mcpol and now that you received AOR you should have Med exam to do. Can you tell if they wrote info on Med form or if it's blank ?
28 Sep 2010 #16
It was partly filled, on the form there were printed my name, file number and phone...
29 Sep 2010 #17
thks, i schedule my Med exam and yet wanted to make sure.
05 Oct 2010 #18
On the form for med do u remember if there is smth in the top right section. Did they wrote the visa office, city and what's exactly on there, if the case?
Posted by ton40
06 Oct 2010 #19
Hey ae03yy, I am not sure if you can do your medicals in advance... As far as I know the forms they send you have all your info and file number and then the doctor sends them to Ottawa, you are not allowed to send them on your own.
13 Oct 2010 #20
i m not sendin them the DMP sent them to Ottawa.. and as far as i understand the form , he wrote my name, and Client ID instead of File #. Now whenever i get file# from Buffalo, i ll call Ottawa to pass it onto them. Whenever you read CIC forms and checklist it doesnt say we have to wait for Buffalo first. Last year many applicantd from Quebec received along with their CSQ an empty Medical form and was instructed to go to DMP and do the exam ahead. CIC also say they normally send the form to applicants.

i havent done something wrong because the doctor wrote the basic info on the form and it should be in Ottawa office now. if he couldn t do it he shuld have told me beforehand. :)
we ll see anyhow. Because of my work im not always avail and thus cant plan appointments ahead of time and since we dont have lots of work, i was lucky to get some openings..that s also why i went to do it and my sister here was perplex at first but i paid $175 max which isn"t bad eh!
13 Oct 2010 #21
hey mcpol any idea why it took long for ur Med to be mailed, i forgot to collect the receipt from the DMP so will go get it tomorrow :)
14 Oct 2010 #22
Nothing special, I think I just selected wrong medical center. They make many medical exams and send a collect package to Ottawa every 1-2 weeks.
14 Oct 2010 #23
well the good thing of it is your result is now with Ottawa: No chance it gets lost or smthg :)

Hopefully PPT request will be something special...
02 Nov 2010 #24
hey mcpol, u r a bit quiet these days so i thought i'd check on u and i hope things are going well. Any news man?
04 Nov 2010 #25
These days has been pretty quite, which I find typical in the federal process. Nothing new in e-cas. I expect to hear from them in December of January.
04 Nov 2010 #26
well, i'll cross my fingers for you.
25 Feb 2011 #27
any news mcpol, plz update us.
26 Feb 2011 #28
No news. In the meantime I confirmed that they got my medicals. I expect to hear from them in April or May 2011, hope I will not have to retake the medicals. I will also request CAIPS. My application is quite standard, but I don't really get how this can take so long. I should have applied trough Europe...
26 Feb 2011 #29
well hang in there no matter what! One thing is for sure: you'll get through it all. Also, no need to worry about Med'l, I have the feeling you'll be just fine :)
But, I will fax my CAIPS request and advise you to ddo the same Don't forget to add a copy of your permit, if applicable.
02 Apr 2011 #30
hey mcpol,

Thought of stopping by to say hi. I too am waiting for ppt request from VO. Have you rceived caips yet? or visa??
03 Apr 2011 #31
I requested CAIPS more than 1 month ago, but I haven't got it yet. Since the processing time for Quebec applicants takes 14 months now, I expect to hear from them in July or August.
03 Apr 2011 #32
that's weird ! But do you know why it takes so long for u to get caips notes. Next week will be a month since my request was faxed. Hope to get it next week, or the week after at most. About the 14 months timeframe, u should't look at that too much.. It coveres 80% of applicants for last year and I know ton40 got passport request already. They applied in August, i think.
I hope and pray to get next message from VO by May, and think yours should be in soon, in April.. we'll see how things go anyhow
Posted by Keptis
07 Apr 2011 #33
Hi,

Can you provide me with the list of doctors their nos. and address you got for the medical request pls if given US addresses?

thks
20 May 2011 #34
well at last your file is movin :) that's an exciting news !!
did u receive the request by email? also did u not already submitted PC?
23 May 2011 #35
I received it by surface mail. In July 2010, I submitted copies of originals (as the guide advised). Now, they were very unclear what they want, so I sent them originals, but those were issued last year. Otherwise I would need 2 moths to get new ones. Let's see what happens...
23 May 2011 #36
23 May 2011 #37
i think you should be fine cz they just need originals. keep me posted no matter what!
02 Jun 2011 #38
The RPRF bank draft was cashed on May 27, i.e. 3 days after they got it in mail.
02 Jun 2011 #39
06 Jun 2011 #40
Hey mcpol, i want to say congrats but more than all I thank God for your response from Buffalo. At last it came but most importantly God kept you strong through it all.. he managed to keep your hope strong and for that I'm thanksful. Even more, when in doubt or lack of patience he reminds us that he's been a stranger too a foreigner among his own people and from his example he leads us through the cross...

Again congrats to you my friend for your PPR, and good luck with the rest!
Posted by metea
28 Jun 2011 #41
Congrats mcpol!!!

Posted by Keptis
06 Jul 2011 #42
Congrats.
15 Sep 2011 #43
PR Card received on September 15, 2011. Kind of long, but it seems to be in line with current processing time.