- Search the post office which is nearest to you. Google UKBA List of post office for biomertric enrolment.
- Call and check to the post office if the machine is working. It would be frustrating to walk into post office only to find a broken machine.
- Most of the post offices open around 9 am, but you will find a long queue even if you walk in at 9:20, so be there by 8:30-45.
- When your turn will be called out, u will be asked for the letter sent by UKBA and ushered into a booth.
- Your name and dob will be confirmed.
- You will be asked to take the digital photo and digital impression of 4 fingures of right hand, right thumb, 4 fingures of left hand, left thumb in order. No inks are involved.
- You will be asked to pay 19.20 gbp, by debit-card/cash.
- You will receive back the letter with barcode with a sticker on it and the payment receipt.
HTH, however no one told me those instructions :-).
No appointment is required for any no of dependents.