Discuss nazabrar's Tier 1 (General) Extension USCIS Case

Tier 1 (General) Extension case: Approved in 44 days (24 days less than average)
United Kingdom
non-JR
13 Jul 2012
16 Jul 2012
110
17 Jul 2012
20 Jul 2012
Received Approval 26 aug
26 Aug 2012
26 Aug 2012
13 Jul 2012
26 Aug 2012
26 aug

Users currently watching this case: VISA2012, nazabrar, RUTURAJ, mrnvisa, RAJBIS, SGAI, smtrackit, suitoi, muralipad, prasannacvs, Amit00, tatari06, Tier12012, tier1generalex, himanshupatel7 73 Comments

17 Jul 2012 #1
Hi ,

Is fee has been deducted ?

Regards,
Visa2012
17 Jul 2012 #2
Hi,
No the fees is not yet debited. I have informed at the bank to let the transactions be cleared immediately if any transactions comes in ... Nothing so far.. Will update my record once the fee is debited.
17 Jul 2012 #3
Hi All,

Fees Debited today for main applicant + Dependant.

Cheers..
17 Jul 2012 #4
Thanks you,

Today my application has been delivered @UKBA office, hope tommorrow my fee will be deducted from my bank.
Just now checked my bank account, still notyet deducted..

Thanks..
17 Jul 2012 #5
Yes, they will do it by tomorrow. Make sure you inform at the bank or customer service that a transaction will happen and to clear it immediately. There have been cases where bank is rejecting the payment..I am sure you must have done it but just in case...

Waiting for your good news !

Cheers.
17 Jul 2012 #6
Yes , I had already informed customer Support of HSBC..

Hope you will be get to hear soon for your Biometric registration.

Thanks..
18 Jul 2012 #7
not yet my fee got deducted from my bank, still waiting to happen...

did you receive any acknowledge letter?

Regards..
18 Jul 2012 #8
no i havent received any acknowledgement letter. waiting for it. check with your bank if they had any transaction request from ukba
18 Jul 2012 #9
Yes I had called again now ,HSBC customer support, they say that Homeoffice had requested for payment and HSBC had approved it, but only It is not reflecting in the bank account, hopefully it will get reflect by tomorrow.

Good to hear and great relief, first step got processed..

Thank you..
19 Jul 2012 #10
Hi There, Good to know..Fees is something they would like to take first and soon as it is non-refundable :) ....No doubt they would take it sooner or little later but not very late ......
Posted by RAJBIS
20 Jul 2012 #11
Hi,

Mine is kind of peculiar case, I have applied with 1 dependant. I have given my biometrics on the 27th June and my dependant on the 10th July (as her initial biometric letter didn’t scan at the post office, so UKBA had to send one again).

So what would be the biometric date for my application Will it be 27th June or the 10th July? (need inputs from you guys as the case workers deal with applications based on the bio metric dates) How will the case worker look at it?

Also i need to travel on the 4th August sent a complaint email with my travel plans, but no response on that yet. Will they really consider these things?

Has any one experienced like this?

Many Thanks
Posted by RAJBIS
20 Jul 2012 #12
Hi,

Has any one experienced like this?

Many Thanks
20 Jul 2012 #13
Hi Raj,

I have still not reached the staged of Bio-Metric yet however all I can say is they should consider 27th June, i,e. the Initial Bio-metric date and not the later as the first one didnt work. I am in the boat as you and need to travel urgently in Sept. I suggest you give them a call and explain your situation and see what they advise. Every case is different and they can exempt few cases and process early if you have valid reasons.

I see few discussion forums which have got UKBA number to speak at. I am sure you will get some advise. Tell them that you can even provide evidences of your situation as to why you need to travel urgently...

If my application takes more time after bio-metric, i definitely want to talk to them and talk about my situation and see if they can help me..

20 Jul 2012 #14
Hi ,

Good to hear you had received your acknowledgement letter,
I am yet to receive acknowledgement letter..

Regards..
20 Jul 2012 #15
You should have it by tomorrow or Monday for sure. My husband just informed he received the letter. So i am eager to see it :) Now next wait is for Bio-Metric ....Its annoying :(
21 Jul 2012 #16
yes today received my acknowledgement letter dated 18-july-2012, next waiting for Biometric..
22 Jul 2012 #17
update once you receive your biometric..
23 Jul 2012 #18
Hi,

Good to know you received your letter. I shall update once I receive Biometric.
25 Jul 2012 #19
anyupdate on Biometric?
25 Jul 2012 #20
Not yet :(

Have you received any?
Posted by SGAI
25 Jul 2012 #21
@nazarbrar and Visa2012 I am in same boat as you, I too have to travel in Sep around 19th and before that have to apply for Schengen visa. I got my fee debited on 13th and recd ack lett dated 17th on 20th. Waiting for bio-inv. Just worried if I get all doc including paperwork atleast before 10th sep. Will keep updating you guys. Good luck to all of us!
26 Jul 2012 #22
we can only wait and see...

Still no biometric letter from UKBA..painful waiting..
26 Jul 2012 #23
we can only wait and see...

Still no biometric letter from UKBA..painful waiting..
26 Jul 2012 #24
we can only wait and see...

Still no biometric letter from UKBA..painful waiting..
26 Jul 2012 #25
Sorry message got repeated..
26 Jul 2012 #26
That's fine..

Yes, I see others have received the Bio within 10-12 days. Its been 13 days now for my case and no Bio. It shows the delay to one an all.

I would not have cared about the delay if i have had not plans to travel in Sept but cases looks so deemed, i am just losing hope :(

Everyone please keep updates about their status if they receive any information as it will help us get some hope!
26 Jul 2012 #27

Some of our seniors in the forum tried this number - to findout the status of their application -0870 606 7766 - option 4

Today I had called for my application, after 20 min also no response..Only I can hear the voice message..
I will try again tomorrow , to find out about the Biometric.. Hopefully my call get answered..
26 Jul 2012 #28
Good. Can you please let me know if you get to speak to them about what they say. I will give a try as well. Many thanks!
Posted by SGAI
26 Jul 2012 #29
Just to update you guys, I called them today and they say it could be anything within 1 to 14 days from now for me to get my bio letter and also they said it tool about 4 weeks for them to process application once bio submitted for 75% of applications. Further I asked if they are running busy, to that they replied it ia about 45% extra application they got this time. Also they suggested me to write to case worker once I get bio letter about my travel plan to request speed up process but nothing can be guarented. I applied on 7th and it will be 20 days tomorrow. Painful .... I had almost paid 1000 for booking to attend my conference and nothing is refundable.
26 Jul 2012 #30
Great to hear!!..
Hope you will get opportunity to attend conference without wasting your money..because once you do Biometric from that time 4 weeks , mostly you will getting in 1st week of Sept.
Good you had called UKBA..
Did you tried 0870 606 7766 - option 4 or different number..I could not get to talk to them..
Please share more information. I will try my best tomorrow..

Regards,
27 Jul 2012 #31
I have called the 0870 606 7766 - option 4 then Option 1 for Biometric inquiry. It was a long wait and finally after 15 minutes a lady answered the phone. I informed her that i have urgent plans to travel in Sept and I haven't received Biometric as it passed 14 days. She checked on her system and said that for my reference number the Biometric is not released and one should for 28 days after the payment has been cleared to received the letter.

She asked to call back after 28 days if you don't received the biometric by then :(

Was very sad to know they didn't process biometric invitation even after 14 days...

Request to VIASA2012 : can you please give a call and provide your reference number and see what they say about yours...

Thanks for providing the number to chase...
27 Jul 2012 #32

Nazabrar- have called the 0870 606 7766 - option 4 then Option 1 for Biometric inquiry, after 20 minutes one lady, answered my call saying it will take 4 weeks time after deducting the fee, without taking any details from me..

Now more painful waiting.. now for Biometric then further waiting for documents..
If anyone tried calling UKBA , please sharing your experience..
27 Jul 2012 #33
hmmm....most of the cases are very straight forward and i am sure many people or say 99% of the users wont have any criminal convictions who applied..And still such cases are getting delayed, Even if they do verifications, it will be pretty quick and straight. Just by saying they received huge applications hence delay is not something i can buy. As we applied within UK, they expect we would not have any emergency to travel and we are very much in UK, they simply delay it.. Even we do faces pressure n loads in daily work and can say from experience something straight forward should not take such a long waiting time......

Hope all agrees to it..
Posted by SGAI
27 Jul 2012 #34
Update from me-
Still waiting for Bio Letter so I called them again today and after 20 min I get through, same number and option 4 then 1. This time a lady pic up the phone and she tell me this-
I cannot say if your biometric letter has been issued as the acknowledgement letter that you recd is from Durham which is a private company that operates payment service for us and when they send you application to our Sheffield or Croydon office then only we send biometric invitation letter and after that we upload your application on our system. I cannot comment anything until then.
Actually at first she told me your application has not been yet loaded to our system and so we cannot say anything. Then I asked her but I has not yet told you my reference number how can you say my application has not yet been loaded on your system. To that she gave me above explanation.
I guess this is the Durham office we need to call or ask what happen to our application if they send it to Sheffield.
Good Luck to all!
27 Jul 2012 #35
That was your smart question. Good to know at least how the process works and where the applications are stuck. Their job is only to take payments and send Ack letters then whats stopping them to send all applications after they got their payments.. If they continue to receive such calls from us, they will understand how frustrated we are with their services and hope to do something about it rather than just putting Automated responses saying we cannot provide any application status...

Thanks for the update SGAI.
30 Jul 2012 #36
Congrats,

YEt to receive mine, by daily post or special post you had received your Biometic letter..?
In today post there was no letter for me.. waiting for your response..
Posted by SGAI
30 Jul 2012 #37
Hey Nazabrar ... Congrats! I feel too good to hear your update (I hope to get mine soon now) and thanks taking time out and updating. Good Luck!!!
VISA2012, I hope we should get ours by tomorrow now.
30 Jul 2012 #38
thank you. i received it by daily post today afternoon. all will have it soon
31 Jul 2012 #39
In today post also no Biometric letter for me.. still I need to wait..

SGAI- did you received your biometric letter?
31 Jul 2012 #40
You should have it by tomorrow or within a two day's time. I see some progress that at least they are releasing letters later or sooner..The real wait starts after giving Biometric which will be too long.. however i hope it should not be the case...
Posted by suitoi
31 Jul 2012 #41
I've just called this number 0870 606 7766. Was told they can't give any update unless it's been more than 6 months, and that they aim to process 75% of applications within 4 weeks from the biometric date. I'm on my 5th week now. He cannot give any update to an individual application as he does not have access. This is really painful and annoying - for the amount of money you pay for this visa you don't get any service at all!! :(
31 Jul 2012 #42
As per forum's tracks, anyless you says there is emergency to travel etcc.. then only they will take your reference number and check for status..
otherwise straightway they will say need to wait for 4 weeks.. or appplication been with UKBA more then 6 months..

Try again hope this time you will get to talk with good customer support team, who will help you..
01 Aug 2012 #43
Got my biometric letter today dated 27 July 2012..
Posted by SGAI
01 Aug 2012 #44
Dear Nazabrar, I still didn't recd my Bio Lett and seriously very annoying. Actually I called them again today and they are saying same as before -- for my ref number no Bio-Lett has been released yet.
I am wondering, on 27th they told you that for your ref number no letter has been released and then you get a letter dated 27th. Isn't it?
01 Aug 2012 #45
good to know abt visa2012.finally everyone started getting it.

sgai- yes they told me it is not released but i did. i suggest you wait for couple of days and u shud get it as others have started to receive and u shud also receive one soon.
01 Aug 2012 #46
Nazabrar - thank you, Today completed my biometric also..
SGAI - update once you receive your biometric.. hopefully it is on the way..
02 Aug 2012 #47
I got my Biometric letter from Sheffield..

Nazabrar what about your application from where did you got it..
Murali from which you got your biometric letter
just to understand from where major biometrics had been send..
02 Aug 2012 #48
I received it from Sheffield too.
02 Aug 2012 #49
most of them receiving from Sheffield only.. so we all are in one group then
02 Aug 2012 #50
Nazabrar - how to contact you, apart from this group..I have something to discuss with you..
02 Aug 2012 #51
You can leave your message on my website www.srs-it.co.uk and click on contact form...just leave the message there and it will come directly to me ( i know it is not related to your computer or laptop but thats the best way you can reach me quickly)
Posted by SGAI
02 Aug 2012 #52
Hello my friends,,, if something is meant to happen no one can stop it. I didn't recd my letter in today's post as well. So I called again, this time lady asked instantly told me your letter might have been released. Then she asked my ref no, confirm my DOB, name and nationality. After that she confirmed me that my letter has been issued. Well she cannot confirm me if it has been posted or not but she said your letter has been issued and it is from Sheffield Office and I should get it soon. (Interesting till yesterday they don't even have my detail on system and even before when I asked my first Q., they told me it is too early to get any information on our system). Also she suggested me to make application after submitting my bio letter with all my booked travel ticket to their office. Hope I will get my visa before 10 sep. And if not than I will accept that - if something is meant to happen no one can stop it. Let see what is meant to happen
02 Aug 2012 #53
when they take information like this about your dob and nationality they seriously give right information. there could be 2 reasons in your case. 1) they sent it and its postal delay 2) after listening to your case she will release tommorow and you will magically have it very soon...
Posted by muralipad
03 Aug 2012 #54
Mine is also from shinfield..
Posted by SGAI
03 Aug 2012 #55
Thanks Nazabrar and Visa2012! I am feeling too good to have moral support from you guys, otherwise it is too annoying to see how these UKBA people work. My fee got debited on 13th and still I am waiting fro my bio letter when everyone else is getting. Actually I don't even mind if I don't have to travel as if they do visa late date then it will remain valid for longer.
I hope to get my letter by Monday at least as that lady confirmed me that my letter has been issued on 2 Aug and will be dispatched on same day or at least by today. She also confirmed me that it is from Sheffield. Just praying, to my visa done on time.
Posted by SGAI
13 Aug 2012 #56
Hey Guys ... I have a good news. I got my visa approved and BRP today. I cannot not imagine so quick in a week they process my application. I have sufficient time now to apply for my schenghen visa. Thanks to you all and thanks to UKBA, they are simply great!!!
I wish everyone get there visa as they want. Good luck!!!
14 Aug 2012 #57
SGAI- Please share the Fax number of UKBA..
Posted by itsramgopal
14 Aug 2012 #58
VISA2012, Not sure if you know this already, if you need to accelerate the process like SGAI, you'll need to submit evidence for your urgency. This will include tickets if your are flying abroad, etc.
14 Aug 2012 #59
Sad news for me !!
Today morning I got phone from home that my Brother-in-law is expired, who is like my father..
I want to be with my sister.. I want to explain UKBA the situation, rest in thier hands.. Now I cannot book the ticket, unless I get my passport.
Posted by SGAI
17 Aug 2012 #60
So sorry to hear that, did you explained the situation and what did they suggested to you. SGAI
26 Aug 2012 #61
Great !! to hear

Congrats.. Did you submit any extra documents to get your approval.. Please share your success story..

Cheers
26 Aug 2012 #62
Please share your experience..
26 Aug 2012 #63
thank you! i told them about my father illness and they asked to fax medical reports which i did on 23 aug and i thankfully received my approval letter on 25th aug
Posted by vijay0901
26 Aug 2012 #64
Hi Nazabrar, I am under the same situation, My mother has been diagnosed with cancer and i need to travel urgently. can you help me what I need to do please. any help would be try much appreciated.
Posted by prasannacvs
26 Aug 2012 #65
Brother Nazabrar and VISA2012, Congrats on your success...please share the fax number or phone number you have used to me. I am in bit annoyed state since I have submitted my application on Jun 28th and provided Biometrics on 17th July. My father ceremony is there on Sept18th and never I missed it and my mother who is alone in India wants to travel....kindly help me on providing the numbers. I am happy to book tickets if required.......your response will be highly helpful and you guys might be knowing the pain and sleepless nights and I am in same state......anticipating a positive reply from your guys...Once again Many congrats to both of you.
26 Aug 2012 #66
they asked me to draft a covering letter explaining the situation,evidences,bio metric and acknowledgement letter and fax it to them which i did.i didnt have tickets booked which i mentioned in the cover letter and mentioned i intend to book tickets after i get my passport n visa.
28 Aug 2012 #67
Hi All,

Who so ever has a valid reason to get their visa fast tracked, please remember you need first speak to them to let them know about your situation and when they advise to fax, then fax the evidences else do not blindly send the evidences to fax number. They may withdraw the applications. I first told them about the father brief illness and they gave the fax number to which i sent all evidences. Fax number is 01142072536 ( Please speak at Home office before you send any fax).
Posted by vijay0901
28 Aug 2012 #68
Hi Nazabrar, can you please email me your contact number as I need to need to discuss before contacting the Home office.

Email id: [email protected]
Posted by tatari06
30 Aug 2012 #69
hi nazabrar, could you please help which number and option I need to call for visa fast tracked and know about my case worker
Posted by SGAI
31 Aug 2012 #70
Hi Nazabrar, Good to hear you get visa on time and I wish a quick recovery of you dad.
Posted by tier1generalex
03 Sep 2012 #71
Hello Guys nice to read above discussion and valuable information. I have also tight situation regarding tier 1 general extention as I have a new job opportunity with the condition of start from 1st October 2012 and tier 1 general extended valid visa. I have applied for extention by post on 21st July and finished biometric stuff on 10th August. Now looking at overall scenario of extention it looks like I will not get visa on or before 30th of September. Need your advise urgently guys. Thank you
04 Sep 2012 #72
Hi tatari06 - All information about which number to call and options are mentioned above in my discussion. You need to call them only if you have a genuine reason to be fast processed. Speak with them first and explain about situation and they will suggest sending evidences to the fax number which i mentioned again in the discussions above. They did not tell me about my case worker. After they received my fax, they assigned the case to the Emergency Working team who processed it quickly. All you need to do is to call them and wait in the queue for 20-30 minutes and tell them about your situation.
Posted by himanshupatel7
20 Nov 2012 #73
Hi nazabrar,,

congrate of your visa application and I belived now you ware able to visit your father.

I am faciing problem and can you me the number on which you have called them.?