Discuss cdraina's Tier 1 (General) USCIS Case

Tier 1 (General) case: Approved in 54 days (6 days less than average)
28 Sep 2007
01 Oct 2007
01 Oct 2007
03 Oct 2007
2**/02
21 Nov 2007
30 Nov 2007
29 Nov 2007
SECOND APPLICATION. SEP 28: Application Sent OCT 01: Application reached HO OCT 01: Fee Debited OCT 03: Got the Reference Number NOv 21: Decision NOV 28: Documents collected by FedEx NOV 30: Got the documents I just can't believe it...IT

Users currently watching this case: mehol, dilse786 58 Comments

Posted by gmhsmp
02 Oct 2007 #1
Hi cdraina..

GOODLUCK
02 Oct 2007 #2
hi cd

jus wna ask u ... hw long it takes after case is alloted to caseworker...
02 Oct 2007 #3
In my case it was decided the next day!

But once alloted to caseworker it gets worked on very soon. After all caseworker's bonus depends on the turn-around ;)
02 Oct 2007 #4
thanks fr ur reply...i m still confused...all the cases has been resolved of my refrence number series..and when i called HO twice yesterday...first time they said...it has been forwarded to hsmp team...and second time they said..they r considering my application...i m confused wats goin on...
02 Oct 2007 #5
try calling again after wednesday. My gut feel says they will have a decision by then!

Best wishes
02 Oct 2007 #6
Thanks GMHSMP!
02 Oct 2007 #7
HOPE THEY HAVE A POSTIVE ANSWER FOR ME IN THE STORE...HAHAHA...

IF U DONT MIND CAN I HAVE UR CONTACT NUMBER PLZ....

MINE IS 09419192379...JUS GIVE ME A MISS CAL OR TEXT...I,LL CALL U BACK SIR...
02 Oct 2007 #8
SIR I M STILL WATING FOR UR REPLY...ACTUALLY I WANTED TO ASK U ...THAT MY IELTS SCORE EXPIRED LAST YEAR..SO WILL IT BE VALID.
03 Oct 2007 #9
I am sorry I am travelling at the moment. will call you when I get back home.

There have been numerous rejections due to expiry of IELTS score. It has to be a VALID IELTS score.

I think writing IELTS would be a cakewalk for you!

Best wishes
CD
Posted by trtraj
03 Oct 2007 #10
Hi Thirteenth does Home office says still your application is not allocated to case worker now ?.. I also applied on 19th of Sep and still my case is not submitted to case workers untill yesterday.. My ref # starts 2302** If you come to know about any strategies which they have for taking the application please update. (e.g.) points claimed..age .etc... BTW All the best for your application. - TRTraj
03 Oct 2007 #11
thank u sir...actually my case has been forwarded by uk consultant... he told me that will be fine....

only this thing is bothering me . i was in uk for more than 2 years and i have also provided a letter from college stating tht my degree ws taught in english
03 Oct 2007 #12
Hi trtraj,

generally it takes 7-10 days for decision from the date of fee debit.

Many a times the systems are not updated or the operater doesn't care scrolling down the screens to see the current status of your application. I think you should call by this friday and you will know the decision

Cheers!
CD
03 Oct 2007 #13
hi trtraj

i know..they said the same thing to me yesterday...but when i emailed..they said ..its under consideration...and u knw what, all the ppl having ref series 230#### has been decided...evn my ref number is 2309##. so u can make out there is somthing dogy goin on.
Posted by trtraj
03 Oct 2007 #14
Thanks CD & Thirteenth. I will update as soon as i get something from HO.

Thirteenth - I really feel some strange thing going on bcoz if you see user nampell's update which is approved in just 7 days (but he has claimed 95 pts)
03 Oct 2007 #15
Apologies for interrupting your discussion. But as per what I know, applications are worked independent of points scored.

A batch of applications is given to a number of case workers. So depending on the speed of a caseworker application with higher ref nos. can be processed before the applications with lower ref. no. But the processing time here is crucial and is the key parameter for the year-end bonus of the caseworker. So they try to take a decision at the earliest.

Don't worry, you guys will get a decision by this friday

All the best!
Posted by trtraj
03 Oct 2007 #16
Thanks for the clarifications CD..
03 Oct 2007 #17
thanks cd

cd as u said many applications were refused becoz of ielts expiry that is worrying me...but i also gave a letter frm my college stating my medium of study ws english..and other thing i was in uk fr last 2 and half year..hope that will work ..what do u say..
03 Oct 2007 #18
Was the letter from the college or the University?
03 Oct 2007 #19
college. my head of the department wrote that letter. and i have also send my original trascripts for all 3 years of my degree. which clearly shows my subjects in english..wat do u recon
03 Oct 2007 #20
Logically you can prove your case but logic seldom seems to work at HO. The caseworkers go by the book (caseworkers' manual) and look for the prescribed documents ( as follows in your case):

1. Valid IELTS score
2. Certificate from the UNIVERSITY and the Bachelors DEGREE in Original (all transcripts in exceptional case)

Please take my suggestions in stride. My intentions are not to disappoint you but to set your expectations right.
03 Oct 2007 #21
good morning CD

I AM SCARED NOW...MY DECISION CAN COME ANY DAY NOW....BUT WHEN I CALLED MY SOLICITOR YESTERDAY..HE SAID THAT WILL BE FINE,,,, I DONT KNW WHAT TO DO...

AS MY GIRLFRIEND WHO ALSO WORKS IN UK HOMEOFFICE ..SHE SAID..NOT TO WORRY.. THAT WILL GO THROUGH....

PLZ ADVICE
03 Oct 2007 #22
Hey 13th don't worry. Its may work in your favour.

Definitely your girlfriend and your solicitor are more experienced with the HSMP applications than I am :)
03 Oct 2007 #23
Hi 13th,

I just saw a couple of case where the college certificate worked too. So I am more confident about you now :)
03 Oct 2007 #24
THANKS YAAR.... I WILL CALL THEM TODAY...CD CAN U GIVE ME A MISS CALL ACTUALLY THERE ARE FEW THINGS WICH I CANT DISCUSS HERE...SO PLZ GIVE ME A MISS CALL ON 09419192379
04 Oct 2007 #25
hoooooooooooooooooray...CD my case has been approved..

thanks for all your support and advice...which made me feel little bit better in that tension time,,,

hope u get ur approval fast...i am wating to hear ur hoooooooooooray.

best of luck
04 Oct 2007 #26
Hey 13th

Congrats man!!!

I am still travelling. Will talk to you when I reach home next week.

Cheers!
CD
Posted by trtraj
04 Oct 2007 #27
Great !! Congrats Thirteenth, Hope you will goahead with EC now... BTW If we call home office everyday will they take it as annoying ? I called on 2nd oct --- is it okay if i call today again...
04 Oct 2007 #28
Hi trtraj,

I used to call then 2 times a day with my previous application....and u know what....they rejected my app

.... jst kidding.....they rejected it coz of english lang requirement

u may call them whenever u feel like....no worries

bests
CD
Posted by trtraj
04 Oct 2007 #29
Thank you for the information.
04 Oct 2007 #30
Thanks trtraj...

CD , do u hve any clue wich documents we need fr EC.. and hw much money shall i show fr that
Posted by trtraj
04 Oct 2007 #31
One more hooooooooray buddies... Today i called home office and the representative told me that my application is approved... Best of luck to you CD.

Thanks thirteenth...hope we can work together for EC... Give your posts here.... I applied without any consultants...so i need help from you guys...

Rgds
TRTraj
04 Oct 2007 #32
gr8 news trtraj

congrats!

cheers and beers!
CD
Posted by trtraj
05 Oct 2007 #33
Hi 13th,
I have a snip from one of the hsmp forum's EC success story, Please find below for the list of docs.

About the money part i think you should show that you can manage till you get a job. (not sure)

I applied with two(2) dependants and all of us were granted UK Visas without any interview.

Please find below documents submitted:

i) A covering letter
xi) Reference Letter from Current Employer
xii) Reference Letters form Previous employers
xiii) Payslips for past 6 months
xiv) Bank statement for past 6 months
xv) Academic Certificates
xvi) Job Search related emails
xvii) Hotel Booking Confirmation(two weeks)
xviii) Evidence of Search for property to rent
05 Oct 2007 #34
thanks raj...

my accomodation is sorted ...only thing is left is my documents...i dnt knw wen thy will come...
05 Oct 2007 #35
raj....where r u from....if u r also goin or EC straight forward...then u can help me.

if u dnt mind if i give u a call or u call me 09419192379..
Posted by mainDor
09 Oct 2007 #36
Hello Guys,
please tell me to which address you initially sent your application:

Border and Immigration Agency
PO Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL

OR

Applications sent by Courier
44. If you wish to send your application by Courier, the delivery address is:
Border and Immigration Agency
7th floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA

If you sent it to the second address, do you actually know if someone in HSMP office signed for it (I heard they are very picky there). I'm in the US and planning to use either FeDex or UPS - both require signature upon delivery (I don't wanna use the national post here).

Thanks

mainDor
09 Oct 2007 #37
No issues with signature on delivery.

HO is office about signatures only when sending documents. Send the application to the following address (BY COURIER):

Border and Immigration Agency
7th floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA
Posted by refhsmp
09 Oct 2007 #38
Hi CD,

Any suggestions on how to push case fwd as i hvnt got response from HSMP team
I am in 10th week after ref num was assigned
To apply for Urgent treatment,i do not have any offers with me now

Thanks in advance,
Refhsmp
09 Oct 2007 #39
that's true...All people around my timelines have got decisions....URGENT Treatment circumstances are clearly mentioned in the HSMP guidelines
Posted by mainDor
10 Oct 2007 #40
Thanks cdraina,

I have noticed that u are still waiting... You must be under a great deal of stress if I would say.

Anyway good luck

I'm sure u'll be fine

Again many thanks

mainDor
10 Oct 2007 #41
Current Application Status:

SEP 28: Application Sent
OCT 01: Application reached HO
OCT 01: Fee Debited
OCT 03: Got the Reference Number

All applications filed before mine ( on this forum ) have been decided on. In fact lot of applications with timelines later than mine are being decided on.

STILL WAITING....HAVE BEEN CALLING HO EVERYDAY. This is my second application. And if HO takes me for a ride again I think I am wasting my hard earned money :(
Posted by trtraj
11 Oct 2007 #42
hi 13th,

Let us know if you receive your docs.

rgds
TRTraj
11 Oct 2007 #43
Got a mail from HO saying that there will be an unexpected delay in my case as the caseworker has requested for a verification of my documents.

All verification cases have a 100% REJECTION RATE.

Royally screwed my 600 GBP in 2 application

ENOUGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Posted by mainDor
11 Oct 2007 #44
Hello CD,
I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.

mainDor
Posted by trtraj
12 Oct 2007 #45
Hi CD,

Sorry to hear that your appln is in verification, But some of my instinct is telling me that your appln will get through... Think positively....

Best of luck
TRTraj
Posted by Thirteenth13
15 Oct 2007 #46
Hi cd...do u knw,,,hw long it takes to receive my documents frm airmail to hydrabad...
Posted by nagavaraprasad
15 Oct 2007 #47
hi yaa... i finished my engg in I.T in madras univ. after 1 year of my engg i came to uk to do my masters.. but unfortunatlely i discontinued my univ n joined in college in london. now i applied 4 HSMP.they given me points 4 my engg (30)and for my age(20). they didnt gave me points 4 my earnings which i claimed (30).the reason wat they given is, NO LETTER HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO SUPPORT FULL TIME STUDY FROM THE END OF YOUR EARNINGS PERIOD, HOWEVER IT WAS NOTED COLLEGE WHICH U SUPPLIED IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY UK NARIC...nyhow am returning them all my college letters but i was worried abut naric...i dunno wat 2 do 4 dis..when i ask my consultant he says there z no need of providing any naric n even v r not claiming points on college in london...but am still worried..i hve shown naric for my engg..n z it necesary 4 me to show naric for da college which i studied within uk itself???
28 Nov 2007 #48
SEP 28: Application Sent
OCT 01: Application reached HO
OCT 01: Fee Debited
OCT 03: Got the Reference Number
NOv 26: Decision
NOV 28: Documents collected by FedEx

Finally a decision has been made on my application after 2 months. Will get the papers by 30th Nov. Will update the forum about a decision once I have the papers. Since my application went for a verification process I am not very confident about the success. I have mostly seen Denails for case that go through verification. In fact I haven't seen even one out-of-country case where the application was approved after verification.
29 Nov 2007 #49
SEP 28: Application Sent
OCT 01: Application reached HO
OCT 01: Fee Debited
OCT 03: Got the Reference Number
NOv 21: Decision
NOV 28: Documents collected by FedEx
NOV 30: Got the documents

I just can't believe it...ITS AN APPROVAL!
Posted by trtraj
30 Nov 2007 #50
Congrats CDR !!! As i said "But some of my instinct is telling me that your appln will get through... Think positively.... "...

Good that you got it :-)

BTW, Which field you are working ? Am in network security, now i feel bit insecure about job search...

Cheers,

TRTraj
Posted by gmhsmp
30 Nov 2007 #51
Hi cdraina ..

CONGRATS - Good spirit dude .. keep going.

Wht type of verification has done .. do u have any idea? share your views on it.

Thnx

GMR
Posted by hsmpsudha
30 Nov 2007 #52
Hi CD,

Congratulations.

I have a query, please help me out. How did you arrange for courier service through Fedex.
Posted by mainDor
30 Nov 2007 #53
Hey cdraina,

Congrats. You see, it turned out to be good hein!!!

Good luck with the EC.

mainDor
03 Dec 2007 #54
Thanks TRTraj! I am into risk management and job prospects look decent even at this fag end of the year. network security is also a hot area. My cousin (in London) is into networking and he's raking in good money. So I say you will do pretty good. What's your EC/ job-serrch status??

Thanks gmhsmp! They did not disclose what documents were verified. I bet it wasn't my salary documents since no one in my HR department was contacted. I didn't even provide my company contact details. By the way my HR folks are very un-supportive and wouldn't have helped in the verification process. So it has to be either Driving Lic. or my MBA degree. There is one more possibility, my previous HSMP application was denied as I had applied with TOEFL (three section version). My second application was with as IELTS score of 8.5. So the case worker might have got suspicious. Wish you get success on your application soon.

Thanks hsmpsudha! I arranged MBE to pick my documents from Home Office and then they sent it through Fedex. TOTAL COST: GBP 60

Thanks mainDor! Makes me a bit more confident about UK and the system there :)

Now starting the EC process.
Thanks to you all for your wishes and support!
CD
Posted by gmhsmp
03 Dec 2007 #55
Hi CD ...

GOODLUCK for EC .

Regards,

GMHSMP
Posted by geetha
05 Dec 2007 #56
Congratulations on your HSMP approval, We are specialists in HSMP jobs. We will get you an offer within 2-3 weeks time, we will arrange Interviews from India itself (All free- No fees). Please get in touch with us on +44 (0) 7908589209 or [email protected]

Thanks
Geeta
Posted by ashu27
15 Jan 2008 #57
Hi Heartiest Congratulations on your HSMP

You can email at [email protected] for UK contract jobs. We are taking the entire job responsibility of yours

Thanks & Regards,
Ashu
Posted by dilse786
05 Oct 2008 #58
hi guys i like to ask u 1 q? if u already got approval in 2006 and u r refused for ec but again u made application and withdraw and apply again same application but hsmp team did they verified u r previous it will be consider new fresh application plz send me the email on that q? i will be very thankful to u guys?
my email address on it:- [email protected]