Hi mrkkj, I have a very close PD and AuditD to yours. Do you have any update on your case? The company's lawyer is telling me that could be another 6 months. So I am looking for people close to my case to see if they know anything...
Hi UnknownHeat, I am still waiting too. Yes, he is right! Of course I do let you know if I hear anything. Do you know one thing? I have my pending H1B 6th year extension too. See how hard it is? No backup PERM. Wait and see!
I talked to a private lawyer and she told me a couple of things about the perm...now that we are in extension if we get denied, there is no option but to leave the country (unless you work part-time for somebody and file another PERM in a different city). Also she reassures me that the Prority DAte that you see in the icert website it is related to Audit Date, she said "if you see august 2008, it means all the cases with audit date before August are resolved". I wish somebody from DOL will tell us something...
I guess you haven't received any news. I guess we are a month or 2 months away for the lawyer to ask DOL. My employer is wondering what's happening, lawyer explained that DOL should give an answer soon...I don't know what is going to happen when lawyer asks...not much information about it, but it seems that fair amount of people are starting to ask (from the amount of people in trackitt that have not updated their cases). I wonder what will happen (if DOL gets upset or what). Is your lawyer going to ask DOL? Good luck and happy holidays! Hopefully we get good news at the beginning of the year.
Hi gcfaraway, This is what we got from them, eventhough going to touch 900days pending. see what happens. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________ Thank You for your inquiry to the Atlanta National Processing Center concerning the Permanent Labor Certification Program.
Please be advised, the issue is being researched; a complete response will be forthcoming.
Sincerely, ANPC Permanent Program Help Desk ____________________________________________________________________________________
Please be advised, case... is still in process and official correspondence will be forthcoming
Which means they might have two types of automated response. I have been told that it seems there are a group of people that are in our situation. (my especulation....it's probably for the volume of people that got caught in the middle of the crisis produced misplacement of piles). So the good thing is that they are gonna look for our cases and the bad news is that it's gonna take a while (don't know how many more months). Let me know if you hear anything else and I will too.
Our situation sucks...probably not as bad as people from march 2008 and (people that don't even update their cases anymore) Now I am debating if I should try to move to another position to do start a refiling. It takes 3 to 4 months to do that in my company, by then it would be summer and my guess is if we get to be in the 1050+ club our chances are slim...it is a gamble because if you don't get approve and USCIS catch your case you might get H1b cancelled. Are you discussing this with your employer? Any thoughts on that? I will let you know if I start the new process.
Hi Gcfaraway, Thanks for the update. I don't have words to express how unluckily we got into the bad situation(DOL audit!!). my employer wants to know about this outcome first, before proceding something else. They may consider filling another one if the time permits(I hope), not sure. Really, now days I am not worried about much since my extension is only upto sep2011(6th Yr), unless i get thro this, i can't get another extension since i did not do any backup plan. I let you know if i hear something hopefully!
Hi RKAS, I have been told that there is a group in DOL that is way behind that the rest...god knows why...we are talking months here...so now my employer will wait for some time to get a response before considering refiling...I hope we don't have to wait a year(we are 5 months behind now) and I hope news is good when it comes.
Sorry to hear about that RKAS. I was afraid the lawyer was right...apparently, we are being checked by a separate team, all the cases that are "old" (left behind) go to this team and we are still under FIFO, the problem is that they are stricter than other cases....I think that typo could be overruled...but just in case, I have talked to other lawyers and something they say is to start the process for another application if you get denied so you can switch PERms.