Discuss every1calmdown's H-1B USCIS Case

H-1B case: Pending for 2137 days (-2050 days more than average)
extension
Nebraska
premium
30 Mar 2017
30 Mar 2017
Not gen 05/01
pending
2055 days
20 Apr 2017
08 Mar 2018
No receipts, No check cashed, No call back from USCIS as promised, No package return as on 05/12 :\

Users currently watching this case: shruti83, every1calmdown, viswaextn, debiprosad2014, subhrohit, desmataks, ilovehome, xTENSION 25 Comments

Posted by shruti83
20 Apr 2017 #1
Hey! have you heard anything on when they would be issuing the receipt notices? Mine was filed on the March 30th and i'm still waiting
Posted by every1calmdown
20 Apr 2017 #2

Hi Shruti,

My attorney confirmed that premium processing check hasn't been cashed yet :( they reached out to NSC and were told to circle back on Friday (04/21). I will follow up with them tomorrow. Have you checked if your PP check has been cashed yet?

Posted by shruti83
20 Apr 2017 #3
hi! - my employer paid for the PP so i'm really not sure..can you let me know what you find out from your lawyer? thanks!
Posted by debiprosad2014
20 Apr 2017 #4
Did you get receipt?
Posted by shruti83
25 Apr 2017 #5
@all - anyone else in the waiting boat??.. i'm so frustrated!..its going to be a month soon and have not yet got the receipt
Posted by subhrohit
25 Apr 2017 #6
I am with you guys...still waiting for receipt#. Whether they accept premium or not....they should provide receipt #. In normal people use to get receipt # within 3 weeks. It is really frustrating.
Posted by shruti83
25 Apr 2017 #7
hey guys, i just got a note saying USCIS has returned the PP check because the 15 day clock passed. Does it mean they will do it as regular? this is the message i got "Dear applicant, USCIS is returning your PP check because the 15 day clock has passed. We have retained your form I-907, request for PP. Please be assured you will receive PP service and your case will be processed as soon as possible. We apologize the delay in processing your case".

What do i infer from this??
Posted by desmataks
25 Apr 2017 #8
same here.. waiting for receipt or any update from more than a month now.. mine was filed as PP but still don't know what happened
Posted by desmataks
25 Apr 2017 #9
@shruti83...
its simple... they are returning check because 15 days passed... but they will still process it in premium but not guaranteed in 15 days... it can take 10 or 20 or 30 days.... so be happy as you are good now..
Posted by desmataks
25 Apr 2017 #10
here is full update i found:

"
Today, EIG started receiving returned premium processing checks from USCIS for H-1B visa extensions (and upgrades) filed between 3/20/17 and 3/30/17. In the boilerplate notice from the USCIS, the Service notes that the fee is being refunded due to the fact that the agency cannot adjudicate the case within 15 calendar days. However, the Service states, “please be assured you will receive premium processing service and your petition will be processed as soon as possible.” EIG believes that the USCIS has made this procedural decision after having received an overwhelmingly large volume of premium processing petitions and requests before the 4/3/17 premium processing suspension went into effect.

What does this mean for my case? Per USCIS, your petition will still be processed by the premium processing team and will receive premium processing service, but the agency (by conducting refunds) will not be legally bound by the 15 day adjudication timeline. While your case will not be adjudicated within 15 days of EIG’s submission, we do anticipate a shorter adjudication time – far shorter than regular processing service.
"
Posted by shruti83
25 Apr 2017 #11
hey all..i was able to get the receipt number and checked my status and its approved!
good luck to all and hang on! this too shall pass!
Posted by every1calmdown
25 Apr 2017 #12

@shurti83 congratulations!! and aapke muh mein ghee-shakar or donut-danish !! :D
Posted by subhrohit
27 Apr 2017 #13
Did you receive receipt notice?
Posted by xTENSION
03 May 2017 #14
Hi
Did you get receipt?

Thanks
Posted by shruti83
04 May 2017 #15
hi all - I have not received the approval/receipt notice yet. I was able to find the case number from the note sent to my lawyers. The lawyer said USCIS is talking way too long to issue receipt notices...sigh..
Posted by ilovehome
04 May 2017 #16
Hi Shruti83,

I did not get your point. you were able to find the case number from which note?
Posted by xTENSION
04 May 2017 #17
Hi - how case number is different from receipt number. What was the note sent to your attorney? is it something in response to your attorney's follow up with USCIS?
Posted by shruti83
04 May 2017 #18
hi! - the lawyers received the PP check back as NSC could not adjudicate within 15 days, however my petition was treated as PP. They sent a letter to my lawyers which had the LIN number on it. This letter was uploaded on my portal and I noted down the LIN number from that letter..today when i logged in to my portal that letter was removed..lol! I sent an email to the lawyer asking to upload the receipt/approval notices and he said that there is a long delay in issuing the notices..

any idea how long its taking to get the approval notice?? i'm hoping to travel out of the country for my stamping in Dec..hope i get it by then atleast :P
Posted by xTENSION
10 May 2017 #19
Hi
Can a candidate go for a infopass session or it should be only employer. Thanks!
Posted by xTENSION
12 May 2017 #20
Was this your first infopass session, when did they tell you that they will call you back earlier. What is the process they are going to approach after taking your fedex receipt .. did they give you any time line for the response??
Posted by Sanjayshah1
12 May 2017 #21
I got RFE May 10, 2017. I don't know yet what USCIS want.
Posted by xTENSION
15 May 2017 #22
Hi CalmDown, Did you get an update from USCIS, who promised you the call back like USCIS help center people or USCIS field office people. Would you please tell me what was the approach you took? thanks
Posted by every1calmdown
15 May 2017 #23
Hey xTENSION,

No call as promised from USCIS InfoPass officer, nothing in mail either. Same status (quo) no change at all. I just took an InfoPass appointment and walked in there with FedEx confirmation that the package was received at NE lockbox on 03/31. I also carried along, my original H1B documents and passports.
Posted by xTENSION
15 May 2017 #24
Thanks Calmdown, I went to infopass USCIS officer said they couldnt see the application, they said there are delays going on asked me to wait 2 more weeks, and he told me to report at customer service center at 1800 375 5283, I have called them earlier they said employer should call them inorder to give the info. My employer called them on May2nd and the L2 officer at USCIS server center asked him to drop an email to DHS lockbox support, we did that we haven't heard back from them as well. Anybody else here approached USCIS and heard back from them?? Please update. Thanks
Posted by xTENSION