Discuss th4ead's H4 EAD USCIS Case

H4 EAD case: Approved in 146 days (-45 days more than average)
renewal
Nebraska
not sure
12 Jun 2019
14 Jun 2019
14 Jun 2019
LIN1919850***
05 Nov 2019
11 Nov 2019
11 Nov 2019
It took 145 days for my case to be approved. Expedited 2 times, denied both times. No litigation filed. The case was not updated. I called on Friday ,Nov 9th to ask for status and they said the case was approved on Nov 5th.

Users currently watching this case: phoenixaki, th4ead, phanigode 10 Comments

Posted by phoenixaki
11 Nov 2019 #1
Congrats! Just wondering did the Status Update online as well? Why did you have to call them on 9th??
Posted by th4ead
11 Nov 2019 #2
Status updated online on Sunday. I called them because I have a friend whose received date was June 13th and her case was approved on 29th October and she knew that her case was approved by calling, it was not updated online. So I thought I will also call and ask to see if it has been approved.
Posted by Singh1985
11 Nov 2019 #3
The new EAD card received was in continuation with the previous EAD card, i.e. the validity start date is exactly the next day from the end of previous card ?
Posted by th4ead
11 Nov 2019 #4
I still didnot receive my card, i will update once I receive my card
Posted by th4ead
14 Nov 2019 #5
I received my EAD card on the 12th. The date is in continuation to the previous EAD.
Posted by phanigode
14 Nov 2019 #6
Hi the4ead, One question.
USCIS website shows as currently processing May cases for Nebraska center. Yours is June and you still got approved.
Is it still valid to call them irrespective of that? Mine is a July case though.
Should we need to follow the website timelines or not plz?

I am thinking to call them irrespective. Advise ?
Posted by th4ead
14 Nov 2019 #7
I believe what the website shows for the processing times is not a true reflection of how they are processing the cases. It is just that they add additional 30-45 days so that they are not swamped with "outside of normal processing times" tickets and calls. Since yours is July I would say wait for a couple of weeks more before placing that call, since they are in June applications. But again, it is totally up to you.
Posted by th4ead