Discuss hopegcgd's I-140 USCIS Case

I-140 case: Approved in 24 days (154 days less than average)
primary
30 Sep 2010
13 Dec 2010
13 Dec 2010

Users currently watching this case: anngan, hopegcgd, SGOR, rathi142 7 Comments

Posted by anngan
13 Dec 2010 #1
can you please post your credentials
Posted by hopegcgd
13 Dec 2010 #2
Ph.d from top 5 engineering school. working in industry - research group
Won national award in teaching plus over 7 at university (not sure if that counted for anything).
40+ publications (10 journal), 5 patents. For some editorial board included Nobel laureates. Got statements from experts regarding impact/significance of work. Included them along with recos.
Worked at NASA before and got letters from them. Also got letters from NAE faculty. Not more than 2 recos per university/institution - total 8.
Since my EB1A I-140 was denied and so learnt my lesson well. I went through my previous denial notice. Spent a year - preparing a good application and filed in EB1B.

Posted by hopegcgd
13 Dec 2010 #3
Also claimed the usual 3 categories. Made sure at least 2 letters are international. One letter from editor in chief of top journal in the field for which I served as reviewer. Invited by NASA scientist to collaborate- used that also in one of the categories.
Posted by anngan
14 Dec 2010 #4
hopegcd,
thanks for posting...u have a great credentials
I didnt get you from "For some editorial board included Nobel laureates."

Thanks
Anngan
Posted by hopegcgd
14 Dec 2010 #5
Thanks anngan. They are ok credentials. At least second time I got a kind officer who approved it :) thank god. As of the reference to Nobel laureates- one of the journals I published in mentioned 2 nobel laureates in the editorial board in the issue I published in. Not sure it they were invited for that special issue. That journal is like "nature" in my field. so I printed that page along with the page where my paper appeared. Thats what I meant. Also- in some of the conferences/publications I produced evidence as to "who else" published to establish the reputation of that publication. For example- if next to your presentation slot, if the next person is from Army, NASA, etc. Same for "being invited to judge the work of others" - if you were listed on the website as one of the reviwers - and a scientists from NASA also is then that adds value. Hope this helps others who are in the process of gathering evidence.
Posted by hopegcgd
14 Dec 2010 #6
Also, my I-485 is approved but did not receive any welcome letter or CPO e-mail. They simply re-opened my old (denied) case and approved it but no other communication. Any insight into what I should do other than waiting :) - please let me know
Posted by rathi142
12 Mar 2011 #7
I am filing my EB1-OR petition through my employer. I have the freedom of selecting a lawyer.
I was wondering if you can please share your lawyer’s name and your overall experience dealing with him/her. My email: [email protected]
I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,