Discuss mmrmmr's I-140 USCIS Case

I-140 case: Approved in 570 days (-392 days more than average)
Iran
primary
Texas
EB2-NIW
20 Jan 2015
16 Jan 2015
20 Jan 2015
concurrent
regular
05 May 2016
Request For Initial Evidence. I don'k know what the heck is this.
08 Aug 2016
25 Aug 2015
08 Aug 2016

Users currently watching this case: manny20, Shomaal, mmrmmr, Andaleb, Amen2003, namnam, wazeer, bamako, akbar1, Commute, zomorrod, nomadT 18 Comments

Posted by Shomaal
02 Oct 2015 #1
Salam ghorban,

Ishala ke be zoudi approve beshe case etoun. Ie soal dashtam inke mikhastam bedunam Status e online e shoma avaz shode be "Under Review" bad az in modat, vase man bad az 6 mah hanuz avaz nashode va montazerim.

mamnoun misham javab bedi.

ghorbanat,
Ali
Posted by Shomaal
02 Oct 2015 #2
Salam ghorban,

mamnoun misham javab bedi.

ghorbanat,
Ali
Posted by mmrmmr
02 Oct 2015 #3
Salam,

(engilisi javab midam shayad be darde kasaye dige ham bokhore)
I hope everybody's case get accepted as soon as possible, it is very annoying and frustrating situation. I think there is no mid-level kind of update whether your case is under review or we pass it to an officer and things like that. They commonly have just two updates first, received and second, final decision like approved and other stuff. Mine still is "received" and hasn't changed to any other updates. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've seen in my friends' cases.

Again, good luck to all of us.
Posted by Shomaal
14 Oct 2015 #4
That is a crystal clear answer. I do hope that all of our cases get approved as soon as possible. I believe nowadays you should receive your approval.
Thanks a lot for your reply and keep us posted with your progress toward other steps.

Ghorbanat,
Ali
Posted by Amen2003
04 Dec 2015 #5
Hi mmrmmr,

Thank you. Yes, I did raise 2 SRs. After I raised the 1st SR I got a feedback on 29th of August saying that my case was undergoing an extended review and I should expect to hear from USCIS within 90 days. After 90 days period elapsed on Nov, 29th, I asked my Llawyer to raise a 2nd SR, which was done on 2nd and where he was advised to contact the head office, which he did and last night, I got the magic sms. Have raised a SR for your case?
Posted by mmrmmr
04 Dec 2015 #6
Thanks for the reply.

No I haven't done that yet. Honestly, this is very annoying (322 days). I told my lawyer to raise, but the lawyer said that until it hasn't passed the time frame provided by USCIS, they won't officially do anything about the SR. Thanks for the information though.
Posted by Amen2003
04 Dec 2015 #7
mmrmmr,

From my experience, you should do have him/her do so. I was very devastated the other day when my lawyer called USCIS and was told that there was no activity on my file. The good thing is that he was advised to contact the headquarters, where my SR was forwarded to the NSC to act upon the same day. The sms that we got from NSC officer was that my file had now been assigned to an adjudicating officer, and we should should allow them 60 days to make a decision. And, a day later, we got the sms. Let your lawyer do it. The service request to the HQ office was very important because it was forwarded to a specific officer who was requested to act. This couldn't be done until you have raised the 1st SR, and proposed wait period is elapsed. Hope this helps, and good luck.
Posted by mmrmmr
04 Dec 2015 #8
Sure, I'll go a head and do it. Thanks for the help and expalnation.
Posted by mgh2008
15 Mar 2016 #9
Did you get the approval?
Posted by mmrmmr
15 Mar 2016 #10
No, I'm still waiting, it doesn't end.
Posted by mgh2008
15 Mar 2016 #11
We (me and you) should hear soon!
Posted by bamako
15 Mar 2016 #12
How are we doing MMR look at my times we are very similar.....still I havent raised a SR, id rather not get a response and be able to work with my employment authorization card and My H1B before it expires
Posted by bamako
15 Mar 2016 #13
Posted by bamako
15 Mar 2016 #14
Posted by mmrmmr
15 Mar 2016 #15
@ mgh2008, I hope, I've been waiting for this thing a long time, and honestly waiting affects your life. I started to forget about this application and let it go.

@ Bamako, i raised SR once, and they told me they'll back to me in 60 days, and they didn't even after 90 days. My lawyer raised a liaison through"American Immigration Lawyers Association" a month ago, and I haven't heard back from that too. I really don't know what is going on with my case.
Posted by bamako
15 Mar 2016 #16
I hear you MMRMMR I raised a SR back in October and got absolutely nothing....right now id rather or get approved ASAP or if im going to be denied Id rather wait as long as possible to be denied so that the perm i filed last month is approved...
Posted by zomorrod
11 May 2016 #17
Salam,

I have did filed my case in mid August 2015, after it become out of.. I did a SR they mentioned your case is in line..... allow 60 days. after 60 days I raised another one and it repeated the message. The second one is going to be completed by May 20. Do you think I should do another or its absurd? my case just shows that the corresponding is received.
Posted by mmrmmr
11 May 2016 #18
Do it through another things like Ombudsman or AILA. It will poke them out that hey my documents have been sit there for a long time, do something for the god sake.