I think it's too early for me to get updates. Right now, NSC EB1A regular cases from November are pending on trackitt. At the present rate, I am expecting an update no earlier than 27th August and no later than September 30th. However, since NSC is putting on hold all I485 applications for EB1 from August, EB1 I140 processing could speed up.
As of now, I am planning to wait until September 30th before deciding upon PP. I just don't have enough confidence on my case to upgrade it to PP. I am applying a strategy of collecting enough achievements to prepare a strong reply, in case of an RFE in September.
Have a few federal grants to talk about that I am working on (not a PI though). A new published paper in a federal agency's conference. Citations have crossed 150. Reviewed a few more papers. Have shortlisted a few potential contacts whom I would contact for reco letters in case of RFE. Been working actively in a technical committee of a society of my work specialization so might ask them for bump in my membership privileges + some letters. Have convinced boss at work to submit a letter on behalf of company to praise my work and critical contribution in case of RFE (previously he refused when I filed EB1A as I was new at my company and he wasn't sure what is a self petitioned Eb1A).