Discuss Raj2008's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 274 days (379 days less than average)
primary
Nebraska
EB1C
20 Oct 2008
22 Oct 2008
23 Oct 2008
concurrent
regular
31 Mar 2009
10 Dec 2008
18 Jun 2009
Received RFE. It is basically letter from Employer, describing present job and duties. USCIS received on 7/13/09
10 Jul 2009
21 Jul 2009
17 Jul 2009
24 Dec 2008
05 Jan 2009
25 Dec 2008
05 Jan 2009
Filed 10/23/08. Finger prints - 12/10/08 EAD - 12/24/08 AP - 1/5/09 I140 - 3/31/09 Got RFE on 6/18. RFE received on 6/26- EVL 7/10/09 - RFE replied. 7/17/09 - Card Production Ordered. 7/21/09 - Approval Notice Sent.
21 Jul 2009

Users currently watching this case: ark123, JaiGaneshG, silentwatcher, zedizedon, L1AHolder, happy123, convert, ocean2008, callyflower, luqmankhan, Raj2008, french 17 Comments

Posted by testmanager
01 May 2009 #1
Hi Raj2008,

Any movement on your I 485? Soft LUDs?

Posted by luqmankhan
16 Jun 2009 #2
Hi Raj, any updates on your case?
Posted by luqmankhan
18 Jun 2009 #3
hi Raj, nothing on my case as well... i got 'case assigned to an officer' when i called last week. It seems like someone is reviewing it for atleast a couple of months now as thats what they told me when i called in April.

Playing the waiting game!

Have you tried calling recently?
Posted by chennaivacee
22 Jun 2009 #4
Raj2008 ~ So, is the RFE on your case or your wife?

Did you send the following earlier along with your original petition while applying?

1. Birth certificate
2. Marriage certificate
3. Medical records (showing all vaccine records, TB test and if necess. chest XRay)
4. Non-availability of birth certificate & birth affidavits (if needed)
Posted by Raj2008
23 Jun 2009 #5
chennaivacee - RFE is for me only.

I sendm Birth certificate and Birth affidavits, marriage and all medical records. I have not send Non-availability, because, I was able to get birth certificate (re-issued) from my place.
Posted by chennaivacee
23 Jun 2009 #6
Raj2008 ~ Did you do your TB test earlier? May be EVL.

Keep us updated on the reason for RFE once you receive it.
Posted by luqmankhan
23 Jun 2009 #7
hey Raj, any movement is a good sign.... almost all of the RFEs on this forum have been from the categories listed by chennaivacee so you can anticipate based on whats submitted with your original application.

Best of luck buddy!
Posted by Raj2008
23 Jun 2009 #8
Chennaivacee - I had TB Test. I hope my Company & Attny submitted EVL. What type of info EVL contains?. Any Finance info?

Luqmankhan - As per my knowledge, I submitted all of them. Hope it will be not hard one.
Is Non-availability of birth certificate required though we submit original Birth certificate(re-issued recently)?

Posted by luqmankhan
24 Jun 2009 #9
Raj - i don't think the print date of birth certificate qualifies for an RFE.... what matters is the registration date of birth on BC ... you would be OK if birth was registered within 60 days (making up the number as i don't know the exact threshold).
Posted by chennaivacee
24 Jun 2009 #10
Raj2008 ~ EVL, as the name says is Employment Verification Letter. It's a simple letter from your employer to verify that you are still working for that employer, your role and salary etc etc. Not a great deal. EVL would not say anything on finance info.

Talking about birth certificate, did you submit a real birth-certificate (or) just affidavits? If it's going to be just affidavits, then a non-availability certification from your city corporation/municipal/taluk office is necessary.

And about the regn. of birth on BC, luqmankhan is right.
Posted by Raj2008
25 Jun 2009 #11
Actually, the registration date on BC is 2007. We got registered at municipal office. And I also submitted affidavits from parents.
Posted by Raj2008
26 Jun 2009 #12
Hi Friends, Attny received RFE letter today. It says, Current dated letter from permanent employer, describing your present job duties and position in the organization, your proffered position(if it is different from current one), the date you began employment and offered salary/wage.
Posted by chennaivacee
26 Jun 2009 #13
Raj2008 ~ So how many days do you have to respond to this RFE?
Posted by Raj2008
27 Jun 2009 #14
I have 3 more weeks, July 19th is the date. Thanks.
Posted by JustGreen
07 Jul 2009 #15
Raj,

One of the item in my RFE is exactly the same "You must submit a currently dated letter from your intended permanent employer, describing your present job duties and position in the organization, your proffered position (if different from your current one), the date you began employment and the offered salary or wage. This letter should be in the original and signed by an executive or officer of the organization who is authorized to make or confirm an offer of permanent employment. The letter must also indicate whether the terms and conditions of your employment-based visa petition (or labor certification) continue to exist"

This seems tricky as it needs to match what was specified for I-140. Do you have any template that you can share?

Thanks
Posted by JustGreen
18 Jul 2009 #16
Great news! That was quick (4 days after RFE response is received). Congratulations Raj.
Posted by french
19 Aug 2009 #17
hello,
can you people help me
mostly people say with in 10 monthswe get GC, but my case is EB-1 C and at TSC
and i filled concurrent I-485 & I-140 in JULY 2007.
I-140 approve in june 2008 & I-485 still pendind,
recently got RFE ,replied on 12 Aug ,still waiting for result.
In this way taken so long. Can anyone suggest ?
my pd(notice date) is oct 2007 and TSC current pd is Aug 30, 2007
my FP done in nov.2007, can they ask it again ?
can they ask for IInd rfe ?
can they askfor interview ?
guys please help me, why my EB-1 C CASE TOOK TO LONG.
are we have to follow pd ?
please somebody help, urgently i want to go india.
[email protected]