Discuss rubu's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 228 days (431 days less than average)
Sri Lanka
25 Apr 2011
29 Apr 2011
29 Apr 2011
17 Oct 2011
04 Mar 2011
18 Oct 2011

Users currently watching this case: rubu, kamien77, chrisny, jd2010, randonguy, CaliGC 10 Comments

Posted by kamien77
21 Apr 2011 #1
Congrats on AP!
Posted by jd2010
02 May 2011 #2
Rubu - I thought sending you a message here, to seek answers/doubts I have.
After getting biometric/fingerprint date, you just go for the appointment by showing them the letter and ID. Do you have to mail original copy or keep all the documents to yourself? Also, is there anything the officer will give you for your record?
Posted by rubu
02 May 2011 #3
Hey how is it going JD.

OK so yeah they are supposed to give you a confirmation in some form to say that you met the requirement of providing the fingerprints. In our case they sealed on the fingerprint notice. You are supposed to keep everything with you just in case if it is needed in the future. Let me know if you have any questions.

We took our passports and the notice and that is it nothing more.
Posted by jd2010
02 May 2011 #4
Always glad to hear back from you so QUICKLY.. :)
Good to hear that I dont have to mail anything original as I do not have my original copy (copy fax by my lawyer). Hopefully everything is good on 5/11.
Cheers! Keep me posted on your progress. Hope you get green in coming weeks!
Posted by kamien77
02 May 2011 #5
As far as ID I did it on my drivers license alone (had passport, SS-CARD and all other crap as a backup just in case - but never needed it). Showed the drivers license with appt notice and that was it.

Also arrived 15 minutes early and nobody really cared. In and out in 10 minutes. Nice and easy. Kinda wish visiting a US embassy was as stress-less as my FP...

Posted by kamien77
04 May 2011 #6
greened :)

i485 approved on 29th of April, card coming in 2.5 weeks. see you on the immigration trackers in 5 years :D i am gonna have a hell of cinco de mayo!!!!
Posted by jd2010
05 May 2011 #7
Congrats Kamien!!!!
Posted by kamien77
18 Oct 2011 #8
Rubu! congrats man :) welcome to the club.
Posted by rubu
18 Oct 2011 #9
Thanks.....buddy.....Appreciate for keeping track and taking time to message..
Posted by CaliGC
24 Oct 2011 #10
Hey Rubu,
Congrats on your I-485 approval & GC !!!
Thanks for updating the tracker. Still waiting on my Receipt Notice for I-485. It was filed on 10/17/2011.
Does it take long to get the Receipt Notice? Does the lawyer get the Receipt Notice or do I get it in the mail?
Thanks in Advance