Discuss peanutbutter's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 166 days (485 days less than average)
Philippines
30 Jul 2012
05 Sep 2012
CONCURRENT I-140 APPROVED AS OF 12/03/2012
25 Sep 2012
10 Dec 2012
CONCURRENT I-140 APPROVED AS OF 12/03/2012

Users currently watching this case: Kulit1234, peanutbutter, gseeker 19 Comments

Posted by Kulit1234
04 Oct 2012 #1
Have you got your GC?
Posted by peanutbutter
05 Oct 2012 #2
Nope, not het Kulit1234. I expect it to be around 8 months from the date of filing, which seems to be same as yours. So expect ours between January/February. :)

Good luck to us!

Paul
Posted by Kulit1234
05 Oct 2012 #3
That long? What happened to priority dates? Hopefully, its much shorter. Praying for miracles here! Thanks.
Posted by peanutbutter
05 Oct 2012 #4
Well, the most important thing is we both filed both our I140/I485. I mean if we get it before Christmas, that would be an awesome way to end the year. My friend got married and usually they're faster but I checked it's almost the same. And I guess it also depends on what kind of work you do, how big your firm is, and of course your function, et al.

I'm in finance and based off NYC. How bout you?
Posted by peanutbutter
05 Oct 2012 #5
BTW, as for the priority dates, that doesnt matter to us anymore as we already filed both our I140/I485. You only look at those dates when you're just about to file these two final paper work. But again for us, our papers our in and all we can do is wait. :)
Posted by Kulit1234
05 Oct 2012 #6
Well,I am an Occupational Therapist based in Florida. My employer has sponsored therapists before, so hopefully the GC will come sooner...yeah it would be a great way to end the year! well, lets just keep praying, I guess. Good luck to you too!
Posted by Kulit1234
03 Dec 2012 #7
Congrats! Now there is only one left. Hope it comes soon!
Posted by peanutbutter
03 Dec 2012 #8
Yep, hopefully we both get it soon :) Magandang pamasko kung sana before xmas! Hehehe
Posted by peanutbutter
04 Dec 2012 #9
WAAAAAAHHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!
Posted by Kulit1234
04 Dec 2012 #10
Congrats!!! I'm happy for you! Hopefully yung sa akin din this December! Wow!!!!
Posted by peanutbutter
04 Dec 2012 #11
Thank you, I wasn't expecting it to be this SOON. I just got approved on my I-140 literally YESTERDAY and now THIS... OMG, THIS IS SUCH A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER! I'll pray for yours so you can get it soon, too :)
Posted by Kulit1234
04 Dec 2012 #12
Hey did u file an inter filing letter since you ported your EB3 to EB2?
Posted by peanutbutter
04 Dec 2012 #13
Nope. I didn't do anything like that. My case was just concurrent and regular. I filed in Texas. My lawyer didn't really did the interfiling thing. We just redid everything. New PERM for the EB2, got certified last April and we filed everything I-140/I-485 the same time as you did. I think there's 3 or 4 of us who filed at the same time.
Posted by gseeker
04 Dec 2012 #14
How long did it take to get the green card approval after I 140 was approved. Mine I140 was approved on Noc 13th from Nebraska service center and still waiting for my Green Card. Any information will be greatly appreciated!
Posted by peanutbutter
05 Dec 2012 #15
@gseeker - I wasn't expecting my I-485 to be approved literally the next day after my I-140. I was already expecting between January 2013/February 2013. Although what's confusing was that yesterday morning, I received an email saying I'm on the "Card Production" stage, then late at night last night I got an email saying that I'm now on "Decision" stage so I was quite alarmed by it. But I called USCIS that they really do that and Card Production is not really the last step. The agent explained to me to wait for the welcome letter and see if I still need to do "ADIT" which basically is their term for biometrics (which I already did last August). But bottom line is, I was explained that I already got my GC approved. :) You should call USCIS and find out where your case stands. Goodluck :)
Posted by ProcessingUnit
10 Dec 2012 #16
Congratulations!
Posted by peanutbutter
10 Dec 2012 #17
Thanks you! I got my card today! :) You'll get yours really soon :)
Posted by gseeker
10 Dec 2012 #18
C O N G R A T S Dude! You are very lucky man... Mine I140 was approved Nov 13th from Nebraska and still waiting.. Man USCIS cannot be predicted at all seriously.. Hope to hear back from them soon.. Wait game is killin me :-)
Posted by gseeker