Discuss ayeready's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 359 days (296 days less than average)
United Kingdom
10 Jul 2013
02 Jun 2014
29 Aug 2013
29 Aug 2013
08 Oct 2013
03 Jul 2014

Users currently watching this case: NUTS, ayeready, Lavashak, orly10, dolperm 42 Comments

18 Nov 2013 #1
Good news for you. What is your USCIS Receipt Number without the last 4 digits?

mine is SRC139031****.

Posted by Lavashak
02 Jan 2014 #2
Hi, you should have got your GC by now. Do you know why it takes this long ? Any RFE ?
02 Jan 2014 #3
No Idea - it's taking longer than expected.
03 Jan 2014 #4
Hi ayeready, I am in the same scenario than you. I am almost 7 months waiting for a decision on my I 485 and my I140 was approved on September. My status is still in "acceptance". I am so stress about that. Category EB2, Service Center: Texas. What does your lawyer say about it? My lawyer says: "we have to wait" :(
03 Jan 2014 #5
Hi olgui... I only emailed my lawyer last night as I was convinced I'd get a late Christmas present. Sadly not. No response yet. I guess you can call after 6 months but from what I hear it doesn't do much good. Within the last few years other people at the same company as me got theirs ranging from 5 weeks to 5 months. but I don't know anyone in the ROW EB2 category that took much longer. I'm convinced the government shutdown and maybe increased demand has delayed things. Probably more to do with increased demand. Anyway, these are just my thoughts. From what I understand here it's very difficult to get a real status report on where your case is. I wish you all the best in your process though! I guess the go thing is that when your USCIS tracker does change status it happens within a few days and the card gets sent to production very soon.

ayeready
03 Jan 2014 #6
I wish you all the best in your process too and soonnnn. Please let me know if you have something new in your case. Thanks And Good luck
07 Jan 2014 #7
Hi ayeready! Did you get any answer from your lawyer? Or any new info? Thanks
07 Jan 2014 #8
Hi olgui, she submitted a status request but heard nothing back. They say they will respond within 30 days but we have heard nothing. I'm not hopeful that it helps very much. When I hear something I'll let you know. I don't think it would do any harm for you to open a request. I would talk to your lawyer again. Hopefully more approvals will take place now the holidays are over and everyone is back to work. Not sure why TSC is appoving so few.
16 Jan 2014 #9
Hi olgui,

USCIS got back to me (via Lawyer). Service Request has been received. Was informed that I should receive a decision or notice of further action within 90 days. No big surprise there. The waiting game continues.
19 Jan 2014 #10
Wow 90 days :( I will call my lawyer this week to see if she get any answer from uscis. But for sure will be something like yours. Thanks
Posted by dolperm
20 Jan 2014 #11
i opened an SR too, got an email saying the same but for 60 days.
03 Feb 2014 #12
Hi ayeready, do you have any new info? Thanks
03 Feb 2014 #13
Tumbleweeds. I think we applied at a bad time. 6 mths or a year earlier and we'd probably be in a much better situation. Some of the people I work with (in very similar situations and countries as mine) got their card very quickly (5weeks to 4mths time frame) I not sure if it's volume/increase applications or they are altering their processes internally, but TSC seems very quiet. Then again, there are probably a lot of ROW applicants that never sign up to this site so the approval rate might be higher in texas than we think. I'm hoping I get my approval before End of March. Otherwise I have to apply for another EAD/AP.
03 Feb 2014 #14
:( I agree. 6 months or a year earlier was easier and faster. I will let you know if a get any important info. Hoping this is going to be our month.
06 Mar 2014 #15
Hi ayeready, do you have any new information? I am still in the same situation
06 Mar 2014 #16
Sadly no. Once the 90 days are up with the sr I will ask my lawyer to contact them again
Posted by dolperm
06 Mar 2014 #17
Hope they have an answer.. I opened an sr, called em after 60 days were up.. all they did was ask me to wait and opened another sr
11 Mar 2014 #18
As I have still not heard anything the law firm that our company uses has submitted a request for liaison assistance to the American Immigration Lawyers Association. This organization is able to communicate directly with the Service Centers. However, I'll probably have close to another 30 day wait... more swings and roundabouts. I'll keep you all updated when I hear something. This process is so much fun. I'm predicting something like "We are working on it - please allow another 30-90 days and we will send an update. Updates about Updates about Updates :-)
11 Mar 2014 #19
Please let me know. I think my lawyer is not doing too much for my case. I am frustrated because many people from January 2014 are getting approved.
18 Mar 2014 #20
Any news? What are u going to do with your EAD/AP?
18 Mar 2014 #21
Hi, nothing. Applying for an extension of H1B. Just started the process.
04 Apr 2014 #22
Hi, any news? I cannot believe that nothing is happening withith my case. Still in acceptance and people from this year are approved already.
04 Apr 2014 #23
I feel your fustration. I have heard nothing. I just changed address so hopefully that will at least make them look at my case.

Yeah - there is nothing to do but wait. It seems our cases are sitting on a shelf somewhere.
27 Apr 2014 #24
Hi, same here. I received a letter from Uscis. Nothing special...."you should receive correspondence within the next 60 days" bla bla bla. I am so frustrated and my lawyer does not tell me anything helpful. How about you? Did you contact your lawyer?
29 Apr 2014 #25
I did but they just told me to wait. Before you know it I'll be close to a 1 year wait.
29 Apr 2014 #26
I believe we dont have another option... only wait :(. Please let me know if you get any new info.
20 May 2014 #27
Hi, any news? Same here :(
20 May 2014 #28
They are going to put in another service request... but I'm not sure what good that will do given that USCIS didn't even respond to the first one. The whole thing seems very capricious.
02 Jun 2014 #29
Hi Olgui79. I got greened today!!! I got the email/text message. Hopefully you will be right behind me.
02 Jun 2014 #30
Only a handful of days short of one year!... and within a category that was current when I filed. Some people wait 1-2mths... others almost 1 year. I don't get it.
02 Jun 2014 #31
Congratulation!!!! So happy for you. Hopefully it is going to be my turn soon. Pray for me. :-) :-) :-) :-)
02 Jun 2014 #32
Hi Olgui... Thanks. I will be praying! Keep me updated. Did your lawyer ever suggest contacting AILA?
02 Jun 2014 #33
Nop...what is AILA? I will let you know about any change. Thanks.
03 Jun 2014 #34
American Immigration Lawyers Association
03 Jun 2014 #35
However, my feeling is that the movement in my case is related to this post:

to encore0000:

YeY! they are working on cases that were filed before Nov, 2013; Any cases filed after NoV 2013 will not be worked on!!! If you call or inquire, the answer is we are working on cases filed before NoV20,2013 . And, Still u can see bunch of cases filed in Jan and Feb and even March are being approved! IDK.I myself been waiting for 6 months now.Very depressing system!
03 Jun 2014 #36
which, if it is, your approval should not be too far away
18 Jun 2014 #37
Hi, I am still waiting. Immigration answered to my lawyer... "we are still in the background checks" :( I dont know what they are looking for. I dont have even a Ticket. So sad
18 Jun 2014 #38
20 Jun 2014 #39
Sorry to hear that. At least they have informed you of why there is a hold up. It might be that your own country is holding things up with providing the information. I really hope for you that it comes soon. Are you planning travel anytime soon?
20 Jun 2014 #40
Yes, I was planning to go to Spain to visit my brother, but I would better stay here until I get the green card. No option, I must keep waiting.
03 Jul 2014 #41
Hi olgui79... any news?
03 Jul 2014 #42
Hi Ayeready, nop.....same here. I feel so frustrated. I hope to get it before Christmas hahaha. Thanks for asking.