Discuss Colorado2014's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 124 days (527 days less than average)
primary
Nebraska
EB1C
11 Jul 2013
30 Mar 2014
01 Apr 2014
01 Apr 2014
non-concurrent
regular
10 Mar 2014
29 Apr 2014
01 Aug 2014
07 Jul 2014
Start to Finish took just a little over a year which is what was expected.
11 Jun 2014
01 Aug 2014
Start to Finish took just a little over a year which is what was expected.

Users currently watching this case: mars37, Colorado2014, bmcnit, SMAITS, makeallcurrent, tracksbit 17 Comments

Posted by mars37
02 Jul 2014 #1
Hi Colorado2014 : Any update on your 485 ?
Posted by Colorado2014
02 Jul 2014 #2
No nothing yet. In fact no decision on AP and EAD either. It has been more than 3 mos since I applied for those. I called up USCIS today to try my luck and see if I could make them talk beyond their scripted text. I got nothing out of them except the fact that I need to wait for another month and if I do not have a decision the USCIS will try to open a service request.
Posted by mars37
03 Jul 2014 #3
Thank you Colorado2014. I believe you did the right thing by calling them. Their ask to wait for another month, is that for 485 or AP/EAD ?
Posted by Colorado2014
03 Jul 2014 #4
For everything. I-485 will hit the 4 month mark in a month which is their average processing time. They can then raise a service request. Regarding AP; they are processing cases submitted in Feb and mine was submitted at the end if Mar so looks like that will take an extra month than their usual 3 months.
Posted by mars37
03 Jul 2014 #5
The timing for some like us is bad due to multiple reasons : (1) the summer slow down (2) July/Aug/Sep being the last quarter of USCIS FY (3) the EB2 getting current in July. However, per mycasetracker.org, USCIS processes ~250 485 cases a day. Looks like it is just around the corner for you. Good luck Colorado2014 and hang-in.
Posted by Colorado2014
03 Jul 2014 #6
Yes I agree. Good points. All the best to you too.
Posted by mars37
07 Jul 2014 #7
Congratulations Colorado2014
Posted by Colorado2014
07 Jul 2014 #8
Just to be clear I only got my EAD. I485 is still pending.
Posted by mars37
07 Jul 2014 #9
Yes Colorado2014, I had seen that - it still deserves celebration as yours is the sole case that has made any progress in July (till date)
Posted by mars37
08 Jul 2014 #10
Hey Colorado2014. Am planning to call the center to hear from them on my case. Could you help me with the number to call and if any tips (like talking to level 2 rep instead of level 1, if so) ? Thanks in advance
Posted by Colorado2014
08 Jul 2014 #11
Hey... Unfortunately I think they will give your their typical boiler plate response that you are still within the processing time frame and will ask you to call back only if it is exceeded. 3 months for EAD and AP and 4 months for I 485. Best is to wait a little longer.
Posted by mars37
08 Jul 2014 #12
I was on the same thought until I saw in the USCIS website today of their update to call them if the EAD has gone past 75 days, ie i changed my plan and decided to give it a shot. Could you share where to call and whom to talk to ?
Posted by Colorado2014
09 Jul 2014 #13
Oh yes for sure. 1-800-375-5283. Level 1 officers can raise service requests too.
Posted by mars37
24 Jul 2014 #14
Hey Colorado2014 : You were spot on - i had called them 2 weeks back for EAD check and they wanted me to wait till 90 days. Today, i had my attorney raise SR via online option. Do you think that is as good as me calling them and they creating the SR ? or should I necessarily go via their support team to raise the SR ? Also, we seem to be in very similar boat (i changed my receipt date at trackitt to be same as notice date to give additional time contingency). Could you text me at five one zero four six zero five zero five six , so as to discuss outside here. Thanks in advance
Posted by Colorado2014
24 Jul 2014 #15
I think calling USCIS and raising SR over the phone is better because over the phone they can also give you the current date that they are processing applications for. They seem to be pretty behind though, my wife is still waiting to receive her EAD and AP and its been 100 days since they received the application. I will be raising SR for I-485 next Friday as I will complete my 4 month wait on Aug 1st.
Posted by mars37
05 Aug 2014 #16
Congratulations Colorado2014. I got greened as well Your tips really helped. Looking forward to similar collaboration for naturalization :-)
Posted by Colorado2014
06 Aug 2014 #17
Hey that's great news. Congratulations to you too.