Discuss sheridan's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 955 days (-296 days more than average)
primary
Texas
EB2
22 Jul 2008
01 Jun 2015
02 Jun 2015
02 Jun 2015
concurrent
premium
10 Jun 2015
25 Jun 2015
03 Mar 2017
Confirmation of Job Offer or Request to Port. Maintenance of Status. I-693 Medical Examination with gonorrhea Test-New requirement. I-485 Supplement J form instead of Job offer-also new requirement.
27 Mar 2017
11 Jan 2018
19 Jan 2018
23 Jan 2018
22 Aug 2015
22 Aug 2015
28 Aug 2015
28 Aug 2015
03 Jun 2015
04 Feb 2018

Users currently watching this case: uxi1, GreenlooksGood, sheridan, integratedguy, gcapplicants, rubiks, Cybergodbj, apr2016, bostonismyhome, sdhamija 7 Comments

Posted by GreenlooksGood
31 Aug 2015 #1
Hi sheridan,

Did you receive your GC yet? Else did you get EAD or any kind of notification?
Posted by sheridan
01 Sep 2015 #2
Hi GreenlooksGood,
EAD / Advance Parole approved on 8/22/15. Expires 8/21/16. Card received by USPS on 8/28/15 for both me and spouse. (EAD processing time frame: 3 months). Even if my priority date is current for month of Aug bulletin, I-485 will not be processed because currently processing cases filed before Nov 23, 2014 (Texas Center). My cases filed on Jun 2, 2015. Now will be Retroggated for Sep. I hope the dates move forward in the new fiscal year. I hope I answered your question.
Posted by sheridan
19 Jul 2016 #3
Case Status shows an RFE was issued on 6/15/2016. Its being a month not have received actual notice of RFE. Opened SR on 7/7/2016. Status update SR completed. Waiting for RFE notice.
Posted by Cybergodbj
08 Apr 2017 #4
Was your Case for Future Employment ?

Did you take a infopass ?
How Many SR did you raise ?
What was the normal response every time you called ? is it worth calling them ?
Does infopass appointment help ?
What did you speak to the Senator and what did he do ?

Maybe the answer to this can help others.
Posted by sheridan
09 Apr 2017 #5
Hi cybergodbj,
I was employed by the same employer at that time June 2016. Worked on H1B with the sponsporing employer.
I did not take a infopass.
I had raised 3 SR almost after every 30 days.
Normal response-They could not find my copy of RFE. Officer didn't upload my RFE. After 6 months of follow up found that there was no RFE, was just an error on case status website.
Senator representative called/emailed officer on my behalf and got the above info-RFE was not issued.
Since my priority date is just 1 month away. I received RFE on March 3rd 2017 for employment verification I485 supp J form, current status & I-693 Medical request.
Posted by sdhamija
24 May 2017 #6
Hi, did you get your Suppl-J approval yet?
Posted by sheridan
25 May 2017 #7
I have received a receipt notice to confirm receipt of the supplement J. I have not received an approval yet.
Per USCIS instructions, an applicant who files supplement J to request job portability should wait at least 120 days from the date the receipt notice is issued before following up with the USCIS on the status of the filing.