Discuss mxtrackitt's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 357 days (290 days less than average)
France
France
primary
Nebraska
EB3
10 Apr 2015
30 Mar 2016
31 Mar 2016
LIN16905683**
concurrent
regular
19 Sep 2016
12 May 2016
yes
02 Mar 2017
certified BC translation required
14 Mar 2017
approved
22 Mar 2017
22 Mar 2017
yes
yes
18 May 2016
18 May 2016
20 May 2016
20 May 2016
49 days
49 days
43 days
357 days
15 Dec 2016
22 Mar 2017


Watch this case

Watch this case
If you watch this case, we will notify you every time the applicant updates the case details, or when a user adds a comment to it.
Users currently watching this case: inglewood, mxtrackitt, qcihdtm, angievoc 13 Comments

Posted by inglewood
02 Jan 2017 #1
Have you filed any SRs yet? Our dates are very similar. I think the end is near.
Posted by mxtrackitt
24 Jan 2017 #2
batsy71 > 1st SR filed today to "celebrate" my case reaching the 300 day mark. Did you have any reason to believe "the end is near"? Would you still make the same assessment today?
Posted by inglewood
24 Jan 2017 #3
My assessment has gone little down on confidence but still exists. I will file my 2nd SR next week. They are mostly processing June-July RDs it seems. I am hoping my primary 485 with March RD was stuck because dependent's 485 with early July RD was still pending. If I don't hear back anything by next week then I think we are stuck in "extended review".
Posted by mxtrackitt
24 Jan 2017 #4
That's probably where I am. Although my case should be, I assume, pretty straightforward (no dependents, western european, IT job) I do have an extensive immigration history having accumulated multiple tourist visas over the years, a J1, an F1, OPT and 2 H1Bs. Could be a cause for "extended review".
Posted by inglewood
24 Jan 2017 #5
> I do have an extensive immigration history having accumulated multiple tourist visas over the years, a J1, an F1, OPT and 2 H1Bs. Could be a cause for "extended review".

Almost everyone who applies for GC from within US has a similar history as they have usually spent ~10+ years already. I went through 2 F1s and now am on my 2nd H1b. This should be reason for faster approval as all our last 10 years of life records are embedded in US so easier to complete background check. I am indian but me and wife's first and last names are pretty unique and non-muslim so little chance of similar name hits. Really frustrating to think, where did the trail go cold, when there is nothing in questionable our backgrounds.

Usually "Extended reviews" last 12-14 months (atleast, maybe more) so if we hear nothing by 1st Feb, then it's waiting until Mid-May.
Posted by mxtrackitt
20 Feb 2017 #6
- 01/24/17: SR raised
- 02/09/17: SR assigned to officer for response
Posted by mxtrackitt
27 Feb 2017 #7
- 02/21/17: SR completed. "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records indicate your application is currently pending and has been pre-adjudicated. Final review by an officer is dependent upon approval of the Form I-140 as well as visa availability based on your category and priority date. Please keep your mailing address current to avoid missing any correspondence or notices."
Posted by inglewood
27 Feb 2017 #8
hmmm not a very helpful reply :(
Posted by qcihdtm
28 Feb 2017 #9
Maybe if you upgrade to premium? ;)
Seems to indicate that your 485 has been reviewed and would be approved once the 140 is approved.
Posted by mxtrackitt
28 Feb 2017 #10
AFAIK premium processing is for i140 only. Mine has already been approved (sept 2016). The way I understand the SR response is that it's waiting for a visa number; which I don't understand since EB3-ROW with a PD of april 2015 has been current for a while now.

In any case my lawyers want to "follow up" with USCIS if nothing happens by the end of this week so they seem confident something will happen soon (unlike myself; at this point I'm rather jaded by the whole process).
Posted by mxtrackitt
02 Mar 2017 #11
- 03/02/17: RFE notice
Posted by inglewood
02 Mar 2017 #12
yayy! now approval imminent within 1 month of RFERR! the end is near!
Posted by mxtrackitt
07 Mar 2017 #13
- 03/07/17: RFE received. A certified translation for BC is needed. 60 days to answer. However if answered after 03/17, a new medical examination will be required as well.

What did you use to translate your BC? I'm wary of the various certified translation services I see online, not only in regards to their quality but also the security risk.

Add a comment

When you add a comment, (1) we will notify the applicant so he/she can respond, and (2) you will begin to watch this case.