Discuss I-485 case

I-485 case: Approved in 164 days (510 days less than average)
Philippines
04 Jun 2018
09 Jun 2018
04 May 2018
04 May 2018
11 May 2018
11 May 2018
6/9/2018: received GC 6/4/18: Interview completed.status updated to: NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED 5/11/2018:EAD/AP COMBOCARD RECEIVED W USPS TRACKING NUMBER :) 5/7/2018: interview is scheduled for 6/5. Received the notice in the mail today
14 Jan 2018
09 Jun 2018

Users currently watching this case: ksik, Geo123, HopefulPERM, VBALLMD 8 Comments

Posted by Geo123
03 May 2018 #1
Thank you for your latest updates. Hope you get your interview scheduled soon and please keep posting any new updates as you get to know. We will appreciate it. Thank you. Mabuhay! :-)
Posted by Geo123
06 May 2018 #2
Thank you for your latest updates and Best of luck with your interview.
Please don't forget to share your interview experience and questions etc. We really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
Posted by ksik
04 Jun 2018 #3
Hi HopefulPERM,

Congratulations on getting your green card approval!

Can you please share your interview experience like what specific questions and documents were asked?

We will really appreciate your help regarding this.

Thank you!
Posted by HopefulPERM
04 Jun 2018 #4
IO was pretty straight forward with the questions. She asked me and my husband to seat in front and my son (age 12) in the back, he will not be interviewed as he is under age 14.

*IO checked original docs (ie., Birth cert and Marriage Cert) and passports
*IO went over all information on I-485.
*Very first and most recent entry in the US (presented I-94)
*IO asked principal applicant about previous visas (ie., J and H visas) and employers. Presented visa/extensions for each employer.
*IO went over Part 8 (General Eligibility and inadmissibility grounds) we were asked to answer YES/NO

Finally, IO stamped our form I485, handed us a letter that said "USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made"and was told to check receipt number on the website (At this point, I was really nervous as the IO's statement was very vague).

I checked my case on the website right after the interview, the case was updated to "New Card Is Being Produced" :-)
Posted by ksik
04 Jun 2018 #5
Thanks a lot for sharing!
Posted by HopefulPERM
04 Jun 2018 #6
IO was pretty straight forward with the questions. She asked me and my husband to sit in front and my son (age 12) in the back, he will not be interviewed as he is under age 14.

*IO checked original docs (ie., Birth cert and Marriage Cert) and passports
*IO went over all information on I-485.
*Very first and most recent entry in the US (presented I-94)

Posted by HopefulPERM
09 Jun 2018 #7
6/4/2018 Interview date. Case updated to "New card is being produced"
6/8/2018 Received approval notice in the mail.
6/9/2018 Received GC in the mail via USPS Priority Mail with tracking number.

It has been quite a journey (after 4 years of waiting for the approval of PERM -- that has been denied twice). Finally we received the "elusive" GCs today!

Praise God!!!

5. When Physical Notices mailed: 1/8/2018
6. When Fingerprint notice sent: 1/19/2018
7. When Fingerprint notice scheduled: 2/8/2018
8.1 When AP/EAD Text/Email approval (primary): N/A
8.2 When AP/EAD Text/Email approval (Spouse): AP approval notice 1/29/2018
8.3 When AP/EAD Text/Email approval (Dependent 1): AP approval notice 1/29/2018
9. When AP/EAD Physical cards mailed: APs for minor and Spouse received 4/19/2018 (Spouse did not receive EAD)
Primary applicant – 5/11/2018 received combocard EAD/AP via usps w tracking number
10. When Transferred to NBC: 4/5/2018
11. Interview scheduled: 4/30/2018 we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
12. Interview date: 6/4/2018 (Case updated to "New card is being produced" right after the interview)
13. When I-485 approved: 6/8/2018
14. When GC card mailed: 6/9/2018

It has been quite a journey, after 4 years of waiting for the approval of PERM that has been denied twice. Finally, we received the "elusive" GCs today!

Praise God!!!