Discuss I-485 case

I-485 case: Pending for 238 days (430 days less than average)
Israel
07 Feb 2019
07 Feb 2019
13 Feb 2019
13 Feb 2019
30 Nov 2018
16 Feb 2019

Users currently watching this case: tamalaust, reg6162, afb3, theateist, rp20, murka, kain.nomad, alemnunez 21 Comments

Posted by afb3
06 Feb 2019 #1
Hi,
I wonder if your case has been transferred to National Benefit Center yet. Could you please update your case.
Thanks!
Posted by theateist
06 Feb 2019 #2
I didn't get any update on whether it was transferred or not. How do I see it, just in https://my.uscis.gov?
Posted by afb3
06 Feb 2019 #3
Check both
and
sites.
My case is not updated in https://my.uscis.gov but it is update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do site.
By the way if you don't have an account on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do make one. It can show the history of your case, and you can set it up to send email to you if there is a change.

About I-485, usually after about 30 days of application date, or I-140 approval date (which one is later) the case is transferred to National Benefit Center. It seems these days Nebraska Center is slower than usual. I hope they get back to speed soon.

Good luck!
Posted by theateist
06 Feb 2019 #4
I just checked and my.uscis.gov is the most updated. The second one has just "Fees Were Waived"
Posted by theateist
06 Feb 2019 #5
I thought it's transfered when it's time for the interview. So, after AED/AP is issued, right?
Posted by afb3
07 Feb 2019 #6
By analyzing all the data here. I figured it out:

1. EAD/AP usually takes about 1-4 month to get, and unrelated to i-485
2. Fingerprint appointment is usually about 30-60 days after application, and unrelated to case transfer.
3. Case transfer to National Benefit Center is usually about 30 days after application date or i-140 approval date (which one is the later), and sometimes take about 60 days, rarely takes 90 days, and unrelated to fingerprint appointment.
4. After case is transfer to National Benefit Center, it takes about 2-5 months the case to changed to case ready for interview.
5. Depending your local office it can take 1-2 months to be scheduled for an interview which would be about a month later.
6. After interview if your priority date is current in visa bulletin, probably your case will be approved the next day, and soon you will get your card.
Posted by theateist
07 Feb 2019 #7
If tte case is transfered to NBC, does it mean that the biometrics were good and now they proceed further towards interview?
Posted by afb3
07 Feb 2019 #8
I think not related to each other. As I noticed, for some people the fingerprint appointment is sooner, and for some other people, the case transfer is sooner.

For your case, as you have done your fingerprints, if your case status shows "We completed our review of your fingerprints and are continuing to work on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.", they should be good.

By the way, I got a status update today that my case has been transferred Feb 7. I hope yours transfer soon.
Posted by theateist
08 Feb 2019 #9
I checked "my.uscis.gov" and it seems that:
1 - my I-765 has 2 updates - "New Card is Being Produced" and "Case Was Approved". But, my wife's status is still "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".
2 - my I-131 has changed to "Case Was Approved", but NO "New Card is Being Produced". My wife's is still "Fees Were Waived".

"egov.uscis.gov" even didn't change.

Can it be just that they didn't update to wife's cases in the website?
Posted by afb3
08 Feb 2019 #10
It was the same for me.

1. My dependant's I-765 and I-131 got approved about 2 weeks later than mine.

2. I-765 and I-131 will be a combo card, so only one card you will get. Probably you will have your card next week. Sometimes they update your case with tracking number sometimes without.
Posted by theateist
09 Feb 2019 #11
So, you're saying after the cases is transfered it takes 2-5 to change to "Ready for Inteview" status and then another 1-2 month for scheduling the interview?
Posted by afb3
09 Feb 2019 #12
I should say in best case, and if they don't change the way they have been doing, yes.
Howevere, in some cases it can take much longer. I have seen cases have taken two years. Not sure why some cases takes so much longer.
I am hoping for the best case!
Posted by theateist
16 Feb 2019 #13
I hope too:))
I got my EAD/AP card. But, my wife still hasn't and there is no change in the status on I765/I131 for her:(( But, our cases have been moved to NBC already. I hope this doesnt delay the EAD/AP for her.
Posted by afb3
18 Feb 2019 #14
Glad to hear that. My dependent got the EAD/AP card 2 weeks later than mine. I hope your wife will get it soon.
Posted by theateist
19 Feb 2019 #15
Was your dependent case moved to NBC before receiving EAD/AP?
Did your dependent get any status update in my.uscis.gov or in https://egov.uscis.gov prior receiving the card?
Posted by afb3
19 Feb 2019 #16
I think case transfer to NBC and receiving EAD/AP are unrelated. Probably they are processed in different locations, so don't worry about the order in this case.

She got a status update about 1 week before receiving the EAD/AP card.

By the way, our case updates only at https://egov.uscis.gov but for some other people, it updates on the other site.
Posted by theateist
25 Feb 2019 #17
Well, it's been 12 days since I got my EAD/AP and my wife still hasn't gotten anything :(
Posted by afb3
25 Feb 2019 #18
Don't worry. It will arrive. I think they prioritize the primary applicants over dependants, so depending on their workload with the primary applications it can take longer or shorter for dependants.
Posted by theateist
25 Feb 2019 #19
We just need to travel outside of US in a few weeks and if she won't get the AP by then I don't know what we'll do
Posted by afb3
25 Feb 2019 #20
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this process is so slow, and sometimes unpredictable that makes our life really difficult and stressful. I hope you will get is soon. Definitely talk to a lawyer if you have to leave without AP.
Posted by theateist
06 Mar 2019 #21
She finally got EAD/AP today! :)