Discuss sh5032001's I-485 USCIS Case

I-485 case: Approved in 1134 days (-475 days more than average)
Iran
13 Aug 2010
25 Sep 2007
01 Nov 2007
02 Oct 2007
11 Nov 2007
04 Aug 2010
Transferred to National Benefit Center=NBC(07/07/08) & to local office(08/15/08). Third Fingerprint(07/08/10). Interview on(07/29/10). Approved!Welcome Notice(dated 07/29/10)received 4 days later(from NBC).
13 Aug 2010

Users currently watching this case: Mohammad, ahmad51, alwayshopeful, aa0406, green04MD, sh5032001, mkrs05, dobjek, Vilniete, SpanielLover 29 Comments

Posted by mahsa
09 Jul 2007 #1
hello,
we are almost in a same boat.
Posted by sh5032001
09 Jul 2007 #2
I dont know that our I-485 will be Current or not. I hope so, since it is before July 2nd!
Posted by mahsa
09 Jul 2007 #3
I hope too. Nobody knows exactly what is going on.It's been 3 years for me since I filed my labor!!!
Posted by mahsa
11 Oct 2007 #4
I got an info pass for my husband EAD. He went there and they told him , they were gonna contact Nebraska. not sure how much it helped, but his approval came 2 days later. did you actually receive your EAD card? he got his card production order LUD 3 weeks ago, and no LUD after that. and he hasn't received the card yet!!!
for our AP, I appleid one month ago, so it's not out of process.
Posted by sh5032001
11 Oct 2007 #5
Yes, I got "approval notice sent" LUD for my EAD and two days after that I received the "actual card". I have seen some people receive “card production order” LUD for EAD but for my case I didn’t get that LUD.
My AP is almost 110 days. I don’t know it is out of the process or not.
Posted by Mohammad
27 Jan 2008 #6
Hi,

I already used my AP twice, no problem. That document should be sufficient by itself but I always had my H1B approval notice, my last pay stub and my business card in case it is needed.

At the port of entry, the immigration officer at the kiosk sends you to the immigration office after few questions.
They will pull up your file in the computer then stamp your parole and give it back to you.

-Mohammad
Posted by bezzy
20 Feb 2008 #7
Sorry for my delay to respond to your comment. No, I have not traveled to Iran by AP.
I may do it for next Norooz if the approval of the case delayed. Please share with me your travel experience to Iran.
Mokhlessss!
Posted by bezzy
17 Apr 2008 #8
Sh5032001:
Some of them are just updated things they ask for like employer letter and recent paystubs and the others no I didn't!
- I just submitted the last approval notice
- Did not submit any W2(s)
- Did not submit all pages of the passport!! Just the page showing the identification
I hope this help ...
Posted by Greened2009
15 Oct 2008 #9
Question about your sencond FingerPrinting: Did you get a notice to take a second fingerprint? I thought the fingerprint is valid for longer than 1 year.
Posted by alwayshopeful
13 Nov 2008 #10
Do we have anybody from Iran who actually stamped his H1B in passport?
Posted by sh5032001
13 Nov 2008 #11
alwayshopeful,
About you Q for H1B in passport, I have not stamped. I went out from US in July 08 and I used my AP.
Posted by green04MD
03 Feb 2009 #12
My RFE was about all my status since entering the US. copy of I-94, copy of all my EADs, copy of I-20 or IAP-66. I just got an e-mail from USCIS,that they recieved the RFE response and they will notify me within 60 days, so wish me luck.
Posted by green04MD
11 Feb 2009 #13
Hello sh5032001,

I just wanted to let you know that I got my CPO e-mail on Feb. 6th,(for me and my daughter),and just few minutes a go I recieved the "welcome notice " letter from USCIS. I hope you get yours soon too.I can't believe after 5 years it is finally over.

Best of luck,

Green
Posted by green04MD
11 Feb 2009 #14
Mercy, It sure was a long wait. and it feels realy realy good.I hope all people who are waiting, get to experience this amazing feeling.

Take care,

Green
Posted by mrkool
20 May 2009 #15
Does your case status say that the name check is complete? Would you please share this information? My case is EB3 but got transferred to NBC a week ago.
Posted by sh5032001
20 May 2009 #16
Online status never says about name ckeck status. You can find out about it only through InfoPass.

BTW,
When my case transferred to NBC, I received notice in mail and also online status. After some weeks, I had only a "soft LUD" on my profile. I took an InfoPass and I found out my case is my local office.
Posted by mrkool
20 May 2009 #17
sh5032001, thanks a lot for replying me. Greatly appreciate it. I have received the mail (which came in last week). I started seeing SLUD yesterday and today. I'll wait for a bit and see if they will send me any information. If not, I will try to get Indopass.
Posted by sh5032001
20 May 2009 #18
mrkool,
You are welcome. People in this forum have helped each other a lot regarding different information.

If you are 31 days outside the processing time of the original service center, take an InfoPass, find out about your name check. If it is cleared, make Service Request right a way.

This long adjudication process needs continous wise follow-up...

Good Luck.
See you GREEN Soon.
Posted by sh5032001
27 Aug 2009 #19
Thanks for the info.
Posted by sh5032001
27 Aug 2009 #20
Will be updated soon.
Posted by sh5032001
27 Sep 2009 #21
Thanks for your post.
Posted by mkrs05
11 Jan 2010 #22
Thanks for your answer about my question on AC-21.
Posted by SpanielLover
17 Jul 2015 #23
Salam, I know it's years later and you probably are US citizen now, I was wondering did you ever travel on AP? Could you share your experience especially in airport in Iran, do they know what AP is? I'll really appreciate your help. Also, why did your case take that long?
Posted by ahmad51
17 Jul 2015 #24
Salam again, yes they know about AP. like I said in my other post, I travelled with it to Iran twice before getting the GC. I had an issue when waiting for my LC. But after that it was the normal wait time for the years 2007-8.
Posted by SpanielLover
17 Jul 2015 #25
salam, thank you so much for the quick response, kheili kheili mamnoonam. I've been debating for months whether I should travel with my AP or not. The GC process is taking too long and I haven't been back since 2008 :( Most people say " you've waited so long, maybe wait a little longer." This gives me hope. Makes me wanna buy my tickets now :) merci
Posted by sh5032001
17 Jul 2015 #26
Salaam, Yes, I did travel with my AP without any problems. AP is a really valid, well known documents by officers at airports. I know so many people traveled with AP, no issues at all.

If you like, give me an email, I email you my phone number and we can talk.
Posted by SpanielLover
17 Jul 2015 #27
salam, could you please message me @ facebook.com/shiloh.clemens1

it's my dog's facebook ;) Thank you so much for taking the time and writing to me.
Posted by SpanielLover
17 Jul 2015 #28
salam, could you please message me @ facebook.com/shiloh.clemens1

Posted by SpanielLover
17 Jul 2015 #29
you know what I'm gonna leave my email address maybe I could erase it later: yasaminramezani@gmail.com