Discuss I-765 case

I-765 case: Approved in 96 days (-24 days more than average)
new application
Potomac
paper-based
07 Oct 2017
10 Oct 2017
13 Oct 2017
YSC1890009353
11 Jan 2018
16 Jan 2018
20 Jan 2018
05 Jan 2018
20 Jan 2018

Users currently watching this case: tjmaxx21, shalakar, dr17, mpc0209 8 Comments

Posted by tjmaxx21
12 Jan 2018 #1
Hello, how many times did you contact them for them to order your card, and what date was your requested OPT start date. thanks
Posted by shalakar
20 Jan 2018 #2
I called them every alternate day to ask for the status. Once my card was approved, I called them everyday for tracking number. My OPT start date was 15th Jan 2018.
Posted by dr17
22 Jan 2018 #3
I raised SR on 18 Jan and it's status is completed "Your SR about I765 is completed". what does that mean?
Posted by shalakar
22 Jan 2018 #4
I think you should call them and ask about this.
Posted by tjmaxx21
22 Jan 2018 #5
@ shalaker, do you mean you called them every other day, how many times in total did you call, I have raised 3 service request now and there is no progress yet, I hear if you call them a lot, it may delay the processing time?
Posted by shalakar
22 Jan 2018 #6
I raised service request once. Rather than talking to agent, try talking to officer. As they can provide more information about the case. Agents don't have much information and every time they ask to raise the SR.
Trick I used to talk to officer: I told the agent that its been more than 30 days and I haven't received Receipt Notice. They will immediately escalate your call to higher officer. Tell your Receipt Number to them and ask for the case status.
Don't worry about your application. I also got my card one week after the start date.
Posted by tjmaxx21
22 Jan 2018 #7
thank you, will try that tomorrow, i have called 3 times now
Posted by dr17
24 Jan 2018 #8
Hi, what message do you see in "Next Steps" section after SR completed?