Discuss apguy's I-765 USCIS Case

I-765 case: Approved in 103 days (-4 days more than average)
renewal
Nebraska
electronic
19 Jun 2010
19 Jun 2010
21 Jun 2010
30 Sep 2010
30 Sep 2010
04 Oct 2010
31 Aug 2010
05 Oct 2010
No appointment for BioMetrics was received so called USCIS on 30-JUL-2010. A week later I was notified that appointment for BioMetrics is not required. Sent supporting documents on 10-AUG-2010. LUDs on 11-JUN-2010 and 12-JUN-2010.

Users currently watching this case: apguy, jaysmith2050 11 Comments

Posted by apguy
31 Aug 2010 #1
No appointment for BioMetrics was received, so called USCIS on 30-JUL-2010. A week later I was notified that appointment for BioMetrics is not required.
Sent supporting documents on 10-AUG-2010. LUDs on 11-JUN-2010 and 12-JUN-2010.
Opened expedited request on 20-AUG-2010 via phone. On 27-AUG-2010, received email with status request details "Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or other notice of action within 30 days."

Tried to open another expedite request on 31-AUG-2010 but the USCIS person on phone said that the second expedite request can only be taken after 30 days of the first request.
Posted by apguy
04 Sep 2010 #2
More Information:

On 31-AUG-2010 sent expedited Fax request with letter from employer. Received response by postal mail on 04-SEP-2010 as below:
""Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or other notice of action within 30 days of the date of this letter."

On 01-SEP-2010 sent expedited email request. Received response on 02-SEP-2010 as below:
"Your case is currently with an officer. You may sign up to have case status updates emailed to you at www.uscis.gov. Please note that it may take 2-3 days for your case status to be updated after a decision is made on your case."

Posted by aarvy
10 Sep 2010 #3
Did u receive your card yet?
I have not received.
Posted by apguy
10 Sep 2010 #4
Not yet - there are no LUDs even....still waiting....
Posted by jaysmith2050
20 Sep 2010 #5
Did you get your card?
Posted by apguy
20 Sep 2010 #6
Not yet - the infopass appt on last friday did not work even.
Posted by jaysmith2050
21 Sep 2010 #7
Ive got my InfoPass scheduled for 1st October that is the 1st day available..What happenned in your appointment..do they at least promise that they will hasten the process?I received the following on 7th Sep:
But have had no updates then.. Have you reached out to the congressmen or what?
Posted by apguy
21 Sep 2010 #8
The officer at Infopass appt first said that 'you need to wait'. Upon my request, he said that he will send Expedite Request for Interim EAD. After that there was a soft LUD on my case on the same day, but as of today there is no progress.
Yes, before Infopass, I did approach conressman's office and they too expedited my case. After that there was a soft LUD on my case on the same day, but as of today there is no progress.

Couple of weeks ago I have received the same message "Your case is currently with an officer...................."
Posted by jaysmith2050
23 Sep 2010 #9
Thanks for your response Buddy1. Is there still a concept of Interim EAD or what? My lawyer also told me about it but what information I had gathered so far suggested that there is nothing like an Interim EAD. If you have any insights please let me know.

Out of curiosity do you still have time before your EAD expires?
Posted by apguy
30 Sep 2010 #10
Finally I have received CPO email today. I hope to receive the card by mail some time next week.

What a nightmare!
Posted by apguy
05 Oct 2010 #11
Got the CARD card in mail yesterday.