Discuss US Citizenship case

Denver, CO
20 Apr 2018
05 May 2018
05 Jan 2018
07 May 2018
Online Application

Users currently watching this case: tototrain, Maverick8181, foobar2018, gacor, devrad, prapplication, brit321, InTheLine, foxj 43 Comments

Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #1
Hi Maverick8181, I filed on Jan 2nd online and received the fingerprint notice today, but there was not a notice letter under the document tab under my account as the notice described. Am I wondering if it's a glitch. Did you find the notice letter online? Thanks!
Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #2
Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #3
Sorry, when I submitted my post, it posted twice for some reason. I cannot delete the repetitive post.
Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #4
06 Jan 2018 #5
Hi Tototrain, I too got a fingerprint notice today but no letter in my account. I guess it should come there in a day or two.
Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #6
Great to know that I'm not the only one. :) Thank you so much. Wish you the best!
Posted by varmai
06 Jan 2018 #7
same status as mine, Did u check case status without logging in ? it has timeline
06 Jan 2018 #8
I had tried that too but mine just says biometrics appointment has been mailed to you and "If you do not receive your appointment notice by February 5, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice." Which link did you use to check your status and timeline?
Posted by varmai
06 Jan 2018 #9
ok exactly same message as mine and also deadline. I am guessing we will get document probably in 48 hours
Posted by tototrain
06 Jan 2018 #10
I logged onto https://my.uscis.gov/ to see the timeline. I just checked the mobile app "Case Tracker". I saw the same thing as "If you do not receive your appointment notice by February 5, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice."
Posted by foobar2018
08 Jan 2018 #11
@tototrain - Me too received fingerprint note on Jan 6, 2018. However the letter is not present under documents tab.
Posted by varmai
11 Jan 2018 #12
hi, what is your USCIS District office?
11 Jan 2018 #13
Where do i find that out? :) Is that where my biometrics has been scheduled?
Posted by varmai
11 Jan 2018 #14
I think biometrics can be taken at any USCIS ASC. But. district office will be where your interview will be there
11 Jan 2018 #15
So then how would you know your District office until you get your Interview letter?
Posted by varmai
11 Jan 2018 #16
Try entering your zip code here https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices
07 Feb 2018 #17
Does anything get updated online after fingerprinting. If yes, what and after how much time
07 Feb 2018 #18
Yes, on the same day of fingerprinting the online status changed to "We reviewed your biometrics. You do not need to do anything at this time. We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application." Estimated Wait time - 12 months
Posted by gacor
07 Feb 2018 #19
yes the same moment I walked out from the biometrics office I got an email saying that the bio are being review. estimated wait time 3 months.
07 Feb 2018 #20
Thanks guys. I did my fingerprinting today. Early walk in. I have not received any update yet. How does one know service centre when filed online. for paper applications, it is Phoenix for Colorado.
08 Feb 2018 #21
Same status for me. We reviewed your biometrics...
I updated my case details in the tracker. Our timelines are within a month at the same field office. I want to learn from your experience and share mine. Good luck to everyone.
08 Feb 2018 #22
For Colorado, the service center for paper submissions is Nebraska. But for all online submissions, i think it gets routed through NBC (National Benefits Center) which is what is mentioned as my Service Center in my Bio-metrics Notification.
12 Feb 2018 #23
Hey, That was quick. How did you get the interview date so soon?
12 Feb 2018 #24
I have no idea. I was also really surprised when i saw the status change to "Interview was scheduled".
12 Feb 2018 #25
Nice. Good luck.
12 Feb 2018 #26
When did the status get updated and did you get the letter also
12 Feb 2018 #27
The status got updated on Saturday and today the letter was uploaded online.
Posted by jetsetboi
24 Feb 2018 #28
Congrats on getting the interview letter so quickly! Keep us posted.
04 May 2018 #29
Hi, Congratulations. How was the interview experience. Please share
Posted by foxj
07 May 2018 #30
How long was your oath ceremony? Could you bring guests?
07 May 2018 #31
@prapplication, the interview was pretty straightforward. The immigration officer will ask 10 questions from the 100 given in the civics booklet and once you get 6 correct they do not ask anymore. Also you have to read one out of 3 english sentences (these are questions) and then write the answer to 1 out of the 3. These again were questions from the 100. After the civics and english tests are done the immigration officer will go through your application once again. Every section of the application is reviewed and they will also check if you have been out of the country after you applied for your citizenship. Once you have passed the civics and english test and the application is reviewed, the immigration officer will say that your application has been approved and you will get an oath letter in the mail soon. The whole thing took about 1 hour including the wait time.
07 May 2018 #32
@foxj, the oath ceremony took about an hour. Depends on the number of people taking the oath that day i guess. There were 80 people when i had the oath ceremony. Then they had a reception with booths for passport application, SSN change, Voter registration etc. So all in all i would say about 2 hours. And yes you can bring along guests for the ceremony.
12 May 2018 #33
Thank you. While giving the answers, do you have to speak in sentences or one word answers. Can family accompany for the interview, even if they sit outside, not while the interview is going on. Anything else one needs to be particularly aware of.
12 May 2018 #34
@prapplication, i don't think it really matters whether you say one word answers or speak in sentences as long as the answer is correct. I saw a few people in the waiting room who had accompanied someone who had come for the interview, so i guess it should be OK.
22 May 2018 #35
Hey, Are the questions asked section wise like democracy, followed by system of government as listed in the book
22 May 2018 #36
@prapplication, to be honest, i really don't remember for sure but i don't think they asked it section wise.
30 May 2018 #37
Hey Bud - This link says to carry tax returns for the interview. https://www.uscis.gov/archive/blog/2013/10/applying-for-citizenship-what-to-know

There are too many views on what should be taken along. I believe the letter says, GC, passports, interview letter and license. Did you carry anything more or see people carry more stuff
30 May 2018 #38
I only took the documents mentioned in the letter which was the interview letter, passport, driving license, green card and originals of the documents i had uploaded when i applied online (marriage certificate and birth certificate of kids). I was only asked to show the passport, driving license and green card during the interview. Btw, you really can't know or see what others are carrying with them.
30 May 2018 #39
ok. got it. Thanks
08 Jun 2018 #40
Hey Bud, How long is the oath ceremony. Mine is at the same USCIS office
08 Jun 2018 #41
Depends on the number of people taking oath that day. Mine had 80 people from 41 countries, so it took around 2 hours.
14 Jun 2018 #42
Are kids allowed for oath ceremony at Denver office?
17 Jun 2018 #43
Not sure about the Denver office. My oath ceremony was in the Denver Public Library and they allowed kids in there. I think wherever it is at, usually they let family and friends attend the oath ceremony.