Discuss US Citizenship case

22 Mar 2018
Newark, NJ
11 Apr 2018
23 Apr 2018
06 Jan 2018
25 Apr 2018
Filed Online - Same Day Interview/Oath - Passport (Expedited) - THE END!

Users currently watching this case: tzar, Texans, brit321, yplust, InTheLine, n4002017, CNKumar, MoroccanNJ 15 Comments

Posted by lagflag
22 Feb 2018 #1
So you are saying you filed 05 Jan 2018 and have an interview date this March (2 months only duration for the whole process)?!
Are you sure about the dates?!!
Posted by yplust
22 Feb 2018 #2
That's right - I couldn't believe it either & thought it was some glitch, till I rec'd the interview letter in mail. Like everyone from this FO, wasn't expecting any progress until Dec '18 (estimated case completion time).
Posted by lagflag
22 Feb 2018 #3
Oh congrats! that is really quick!! it gives me hopes.. I applied 11/2017 and still waiting!
estimated time on their website when i log in is Oct 2018 :( :(
Posted by lagflag
22 Feb 2018 #4
You said you applied online, was this something new? You didn't have to mail the forms?
Posted by yplust
22 Feb 2018 #5
Correct, you can file N-400 online on USCIS website after registration - think it was rolled out in 2017.

Nope, everything online; fill form, upload supporting documents, pay fees etc.

Posted by jetsetboi
24 Feb 2018 #6
That's excellent man. Congrats on the super fast update. Keep us posted please, and good luck on the interview!
Posted by jetsetboi
24 Feb 2018 #7
Can I ask you where you live? Because it says Dallas service center, but the Newark NJ district office? I am trying to figure out what office is processing my case. Mine says National Benefits Center, but I live in Chicago, and if you go online there's no timing estimation for National Benefits Center for N400.
Posted by yplust
24 Feb 2018 #8
Based in NJ, so DO/FO is Newark - Actually I just checked, mine is NBC too (filed online).
Posted by Texans
23 Mar 2018 #9
As of February 23, 2018, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.My status does not change you think I have to worry
Posted by n4002017
09 Apr 2018 #10
Congrats - how long did you work with your employer after GC and did the officer ask about it?
Posted by yplust
11 Apr 2018 #11
Think less than an year - Nope, just about the current job/employer.
Posted by CNKumar
24 Apr 2018 #12
@yplust ,
Congratulations. One quick question, did you apply for Expedite US Passport or Routine?
Posted by yplust
25 Apr 2018 #13
Expedited Service
Posted by MoroccanNJ
06 May 2018 #14
You must be the luckiest man in America congrats . some people wait for a year and more just to get that interview letter. question where did you apply for us passport at the post office?
Posted by yplust
07 May 2018 #15
You bet ;) That's right, @ USPS (w/ expedited service) - Good luck..!