Discuss US Citizenship case

08 Jan 2018
Portland, OR
11 Jan 2018
26 Jan 2018
11 Jul 2017
26 Jan 2018
Missed my original biometrics appointment because I got the letter at night on the day of the appointment (USPS hold mail screw-up), so I went the next day - no problem. Same-day oath in Portland!

Users currently watching this case: eseses, ke7340, sbpfaelzer 8 Comments

Posted by ke7340
15 Jan 2018 #1
Hi. How did your interview in Portland went? I have interview there next month.
Posted by sbpfaelzer
15 Jan 2018 #2
It was super easy. Everybody was real nice and friendly, really pleasant. You even can take pictures/film during the oath ceremony.
Posted by ke7340
15 Jan 2018 #3
Great! Thank you. In that case I have a lot of questions for you. Would it be possible to chat on a private email?
Posted by sbpfaelzer
16 Jan 2018 #4
Feel free to fire away here, so others can benefit as well.
Posted by ke7340
26 Jan 2018 #5
Congrats on your passport. Do they always have same day ceremony? Also I see you applied for passport couple days later, do you need to send your original naturalization certificate?
Posted by sbpfaelzer
26 Jan 2018 #6
I don't know whether they have same-day oath every day of the week. In general, you can only get same-day oath if you have your interview in the morning. Otherwise you get a later oath date. When I took my oath, the wait time was about 2 months (there were people with interviews in November at my January oath). And yes, you need to send your original certificate with the passport application.
Posted by ke7340
28 Jan 2018 #7
Oh wow. That 2 months is long. I have interview 10 am so hopefully it is same day. How soon do I need to change status with SSN? If I don't have certificate for couple weeks, I guess I have to wait or should I go SSN office first?
Posted by sbpfaelzer
29 Jan 2018 #8
With 10 am you should get a same-day offer if you get approved right away. You will get your certificate during the oath, so you have it the same day you become a citizen.