Discuss evergreen8855's OPT USCIS Case

OPT case: Approved in 75 days (3 days less than average)
California
29 Apr 2011
expedited
02 May 2011
13 Jul 2011
13 Jul 2011
29 Jun 2011
14 Jul 2011
placed a request for expedition on 29th June. They said they will send a mail within 5 days. On July 5th I received response asking me to send the offer letter via fax. July 13th - Approved.

Users currently watching this case: nanocnse, evergreen8855, priyankarao 6 Comments

Posted by nanocnse
13 Jul 2011 #1
Hi evergreen8855,

Congratulations.. I have a question about the expedite process. I already got a reject email.
What category did you answer when USCIS asked you?
I have an offer letter and it was written on my OPT-I-20 when I applied OPT-EAD. Do you think do I need to fax out the offer letter to USCIS?
I did not attached the offer letter..
Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

j.
Posted by evergreen8855
13 Jul 2011 #2
hi nanocnse,

I mentioned the reason - severe financial loss to the individual/company. I received a response asking me to send the offer letter via fax. My employer faxed it and asked to send EAD before 18th July.
I called up USCIS today and spoke to level 2 officer, she said they haven't received my offer letter. So, my employer again sent the offer letter. BUt at 5, I received a e-mail saying my case has been approved.
I have heard they don't see the offer letter if the expedite request has been rejected. What is your start date on I20?
Posted by nanocnse
13 Jul 2011 #3
Hi evergreen8855,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.
My start date is Aug. 1st, and I applied EAD June 2nd. USCIS receipt date is June 3rd...
I need to call for expedite to USCIS, right?
They may not know about my offer letter, even the I-20 mentions about the offer in the 2nd page of the I-20.
Posted by evergreen8855
13 Jul 2011 #4
If you did not send the offer letter with the I-765 application, then you need to call up USCIS and request expedition. But you have to mention the clause for expedition.

Since, your start date is Aug 1st, I would wait till July 15th and then call up to expedite. In that case, they may not reject the expedition.

Good luck.
Posted by nanocnse
13 Jul 2011 #5
Yeah, that's what I am thinking for Jul. 15th.

Thank you very much for your help.
Posted by priyankarao
19 Dec 2011 #6
Hi ,This is Priyanka Rao from Altus Technologies .Altus is looking for candidates for training and placement on our client projects nationwide. We have Java ,.net and SQL Server developer positions .We are conducting "Train and Hire " program for all technologies .Our instructors are industry experts with many years of enterprise consulting experience. All training sessions will be held in a classroom format, with hands-on labs led by the instructor.
Free Training with Free accommodation
Annual Compensation 55k-$65k
H-1B& Green card Sponsorship
Free Accommodation
Full Benefits package Available
Relocation Assistance
If interested please forward your resumes to priyanka.rao@altustek.com and we will get back to you at the earliest.