Discuss wheresmyopt's OPT USCIS Case

OPT case: Approved in 80 days (-2 days more than average)
Nebraska
16 Nov 2013
regular
18 Nov 2013
04 Feb 2014
04 Feb 2014
14 Feb 2014
27 Jan 2014
14 Feb 2014
This has been a hell of a ride. I learnt - 1. Apply for OPT at start of semester itself, DON'T WAIT! 2. If you have job offer send it with OPT packet, might help. 3. Never use USPS "priority 2 day" shipping, took 5 days to travel a distance of 7hrs!

Users currently watching this case: comeOpt, srs12, mycrudave 8 Comments

Posted by comeOpt
02 Feb 2014 #1
Did you get your OPT?
Posted by wheresmyopt
02 Feb 2014 #2
Nope still under review.. hoping to hear something this week.
Posted by srs12
07 Feb 2014 #3
Did they send you a tracking number ? My status says that they will mail the card within 30 days.. so was wondering if you have the same/different status ?
Posted by comeOpt
07 Feb 2014 #4
Nope. This is what exactly I got. Do not worry. Your card will be mailed at your address now.
Posted by wheresmyopt
07 Feb 2014 #5
Nope, it's been one thing after another. It has remained in the same state for over 3 days now! This is completely frustrating and I have given up hope of getting it even early next week. Let it come whenever it wants to. Can't believe I paid 380$ for this!
Posted by comeOpt
07 Feb 2014 #6
I can understand your frustration. I am also very frustrated with this system.
Posted by srs12
07 Feb 2014 #7
I was wondering if it really takes 30 days ? Based on the tracker it seems everyone get's it in 7 days or so.....I am worried too as I have my start date in mid-feb.
Posted by mycrudave
17 Feb 2014 #8
I should have read your comment. Sent my offer letter and expedite request on the 13th and still in transit with Priority Mail.

I have a start date in early march. Chances are I would have to postpone :(