Discuss ylee5's OPT USCIS Case

OPT case: Approved in 92 days (-14 days more than average)
South Korea
Nebraska
05 Aug 2014
regular
07 Aug 2014
05 Nov 2014
16 Nov 2014
18 Nov 2014
27 Oct 2014
18 Nov 2014

Users currently watching this case: maochik, ylee5 21 Comments

27 Oct 2014 #1
ylee5

My application is a day before you. You got any updates on your case yet?
Posted by ylee5
27 Oct 2014 #2
maochik,

No, I haven't heard anything yet. so frustrating to wait.
27 Oct 2014 #3
yes, it has been frustrating, but we are so close to the 90 days so I dont want to take anymore actions that may delay the process. I did call them once after 80 days, but it wasnt helpful.

Thanks to Trackitt, i been able to vent my frustration a bit. Let me know if there is any update for your case. I will do the same as well.
Posted by ylee5
28 Oct 2014 #4
Sure I will definitely do. hope they approve ours by this week!!!
01 Nov 2014 #5
ylee5,

Do you have any update for your case? We will reach the 90th day next week. So I am going to ask the International office at my uni to make a expedited request for my case.
01 Nov 2014 #6
I also notice when looking at most recent cases that applied to Nebraska that most of them got approved within 90 days. I hope we will get approved early next week. So frustrated!
Posted by ylee5
02 Nov 2014 #7
maochik,

no,,,I do not have any updates yet. I am also going to ask our international office advisor to do something about this. I was supposed to start my postdoc on Nov. 1st, but apparently I had to push back the start date a week later. I never knew that it would take this long!
02 Nov 2014 #8
It seems like USCIS "check my case status" site does not work today. Oh so you are doing your post doc? Just out of curiosity, have you considered about EB2/NIW? I will do my PhD after my OPT and currently working to improve my credentials for NIW.
Posted by ylee5
03 Nov 2014 #9
maochik,

Yes, I am think about applying for NIW. It's excellent that you are aware of NIW way ahead of your academic career!
I hope our OPT get approved today!!!!!! it's 90th day!
03 Nov 2014 #10
thanks ylee5. Your guess is spot on. I just got approved today after calling the USCIS. You can use my receipt number for your reference LIN14909624**. I think yours will get approved tomorrow.

For NIW, right now I only got one article published as I just finished my master in aerospace, I dont know if i can include my thesis as well. My friends said with low number of published journals I need to have +30 citations to be considered a strong case. Anyhow, good luck to you!
Posted by ylee5
03 Nov 2014 #11
Congrat!
I think I will call them tomorrow. Did you talk to the officer and raised a service request? or did you just ask for the status?
04 Nov 2014 #12
thanks ylee5,

I called and talked to L2 officer. I was just asking about status as I am letting the adviser from my school to do the service request. Surprisingly, he told me my case is actively under review, and I should see an update soon. About 15 minutes after the call, my status is changed to "Card Production". I still haven't receive any shipping confirmation yet. Hope to get the card by next week. Any news on your side?
Posted by ylee5
05 Nov 2014 #13
maochik,

Mine is approved today~! finally!!
I was about to call USCIS and visit the international office today, and I found that my status went over to card production.
Have you received any shipping email yet?
05 Nov 2014 #14
congrats!!!

I had a feeling yours will get approved soon after mine. I haven't received any shipping email yet. However, checking the received dates from other people , I believe we should get our cards within 7 days after approval. Since I got approved on Monday, there is a high chance that I may get my card on Saturday or next Monday. I will let you know if I get any more updates. Once again, congrats!!!
Posted by ylee5
05 Nov 2014 #15
Thanks!

I will also let you know when I have updates.
06 Nov 2014 #16
ylee5,

Did you happen to receive an email or mail notice about the approval after your online status is changed to card production? It just occurs to me that I have not received anything about approval except for the change of online status, which makes me worried a bit as sometimes it could be system "glitch".

11 Nov 2014 #17
ylee5,

any update for your case? Shipping info/tracking numbers?

It has been more than a week and still nothing yet.
Posted by ylee5
17 Nov 2014 #18
maochik,

oops! I saw your comment now.
Have you got any shipping info?
I haven't received any yet. I don't know what's going on!

17 Nov 2014 #19
ylee5,

I called them on last Thursday because I was being impatient of waiting more than one week with no update. Basically, I talked to the Representative and asked her to verify whether I really got approved or there is a system "glitch" as I never received any notifications to verify that information. She assured me that I really got approved.

About 5 hours later, my online status was updated to "Card was mailed to me". I think my call may have trigger them to update my status, but it is just a guess. Strangely, on Friday, my status was updated again. Basically, the information was the same except they omitted the tracking number. I didnt know why they did that. I got my card today at 6:40AM. lol

Hope you will get the card soon!!
Posted by ylee5
18 Nov 2014 #20
maochik,

I've got my card today! It's weird that they didn't send any tracking number/shipping notice.

Anyway, thanks and hope you have good luck on everything!

18 Nov 2014 #21
They probably have forgotten to update the info. Anyway, congrats ylee5!! All the best in your career.