Discuss zz2318's OPT USCIS Case

OPT case: Approved in 32 days (46 days less than average)
China
Dallas
25 Aug 2016
regular
28 Aug 2016
26 Sep 2016
30 Sep 2016
12 Sep 2016
03 Oct 2016
Pre-opt application. Can't track my case status on uscis.gov all the time. Later I sent my offer letter and support letter from boss and school advisor to the same center. Three days after my second expedition the card was already in production.

Users currently watching this case: shl1987, zz2318, SanaTWICE, ericalingyuan, og0417 16 Comments

Posted by shl1987
26 Sep 2016 #1
Congratulations on your speedy OPT process. I have a quick question for you. How exactly did you expedite your process? What phone number did you call? What did you say? Thank you.
Posted by zz2318
26 Sep 2016 #2
Thanks! I called National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, mainly to check the case status and submit expedition requests. I used financial loss for the first time and was declined because F-1 student status already guarantees sufficient funds for study and living. I used extreme emergency for the second request, and sent offer letter, support letters from both school dean and boss to the center as supporting documents.
Posted by shl1987
26 Sep 2016 #3
Awesome! So I'm guessing that your job's start date was written in your job offer, right?
Posted by zz2318
26 Sep 2016 #4
Yes. It was the same as my requested start date on EAD.
Posted by shl1987
26 Sep 2016 #5
I see. Thank you again and congratulations!
Posted by zz2318
26 Sep 2016 #6
Thanks, and I am glad that I can help! Good luck to you too!
Posted by shl1987
27 Sep 2016 #7
Hi again! How did you get to talk to an L2 officer? The automated answering machine read the 'Case Was Received' text and then I didn't know what to do after that. I never got to talk to a person to ask them to transfer me to an L2 officer. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out here. Thanks.
Posted by zz2318
27 Sep 2016 #8
I spoke to L1 officer that I could not receive any update on case status online by over 3 weeks, and kindly asked to speak to L2 officer. I tried once using the excuse that my check was returned in order to request speaking to L2. Use "don't know receipt number" option on automated answering machine and they will connect you to a service assistant.
Help this helps :)
Posted by zz2318
27 Sep 2016 #9
Hope*
Posted by shl1987
27 Sep 2016 #10
Awesome. That did the trick. Thank you so much again!
Posted by SanaTWICE
27 Sep 2016 #11
Congratulations! How did you send ur supporting documents? via email (or post mail)?

BTW, did you request to expedite ur application through L1 officer for your second request (based on extreme emergency)?
Posted by zz2318
27 Sep 2016 #12
I sent both emails and post mail. Use the same address as I sent my initial application, with receipt notice on top. Expedition was requested through L1.
Posted by ericalingyuan
05 Oct 2016 #13
How long it takes from "card is being produced" to get EAD card? Thanks.
Posted by og0417
11 Oct 2016 #14
Have you got your EAD card? Thanks
Posted by zz2318
11 Oct 2016 #15
To ericalingyuan: Around 5 days. Not exactly sure.
Posted by zz2318
11 Oct 2016 #16
To og0417: Yes I received it on Sep 30.