Discuss OPT case

OPT case: Approved in 101 days (-29 days more than average)
Potomac
13 Oct 2017
regular
16 Oct 2017
22 Jan 2018
CUNY
11 Jan 2018
22 Jan 2018
Timeline 13th Oct 17- Mailed the documents 16th Oct 17- USCIS received 17th Jan 18- Filed an online SR 19th Jan 18- Received a reply saying the case is under review 22nd Jan 18- New card being ordered

Users currently watching this case: mkamra, stups14, pbh66, kiranuv, Rajesh2309, schagar 43 Comments

11 Jan 2018 #1
HI, is it OPT extension or OPT, would you mind sharing receipt number? Thanks
11 Jan 2018 #2
@mkamra This is first time application for OPT, not an extension. I see that many applications from 16th Oct are still pending. I plan to create a service request on 16th Jan.
Posted by pbh66
17 Jan 2018 #3
Same here, my application was received on OCT 16 and still is pending.
Posted by kiranuv
18 Jan 2018 #4
My application was received in the 19th of October and it’s still pending.. I raised a request but received a reply saying allow time for processing.
Posted by pbh66
18 Jan 2018 #5
Hey, did you hear back from them after your e-request you made yesterday?
18 Jan 2018 #6
@pbh66 I just received an acknowledgment email saying this is your service request number and we will reply to you by Jan 29th.
Posted by pbh66
19 Jan 2018 #7
Almost all people within our time frame have already got the approval. I have no idea why our cases are any different.
19 Jan 2018 #8
@pbh66 - I checked the status of +/- 50 receipts within my receipt number and all the cases are approved except the ones received on 16th Oct. I found 14 cases from 16th Oct that are still pending.
Posted by pbh66
19 Jan 2018 #9
I raised one SR on Jan 2nd got a response two days after that I should get a decision in 30 days. Yesterday, my DSO emailed them and today they sent the same response within 30 days! I guess that's why raising multiple SRs does not help. Are you also from engineering/STEM program?
19 Jan 2018 #10
@pbh66 - Yes, Engineering degree. What did the first email say though? Did it say "in line to be reviewed by an officer" or "under review with an officer", if it says its under review, they have assigned an officer and should not take more than 2-3 days for approval? If it says "in line to be reviewed" then it can take any amount of time.
Posted by pbh66
19 Jan 2018 #11
Both emails say under review by an officer.
19 Jan 2018 #12
@stups14, are you sure about the information, that when they say under review by an officer, it wont take much time?
Posted by kiranuv
19 Jan 2018 #13
My service request still says in line to be reviewed.
19 Jan 2018 #14
@mkamra - That is what I read on several blogs. You also can not expedite once it says "under review by an officer", you are at the mercy of the officer to take a look at your application. If it says "in line to be reviewed" then you can submit an expedite request. But as we saw, there is no definite pattern, it appears to be random.
Posted by pbh66
19 Jan 2018 #15
maybe there is a pattern, engineering or STEM, school, received dates.
19 Jan 2018 #16
@stups14, thanks for the information, really appreciate it. Good luck with EAD card. Thanks
19 Jan 2018 #17
@ stups14, I have one more question, if you wont mind sharing some information if you have. Does status also change on Saturday? Thanks
19 Jan 2018 #18
@mkamra - I do not think they work on weekends. I am also afraid if they don't work on Monday due to the government shut down.
19 Jan 2018 #19
@stups14, yes me too scared, hope for the best.
19 Jan 2018 #20
@stups14, Whats your OPT start date?
Posted by pbh66
19 Jan 2018 #21
@stups14, yes USCIS staff won't be working if shut down happens. When is your start date? I had requested for Jan 8.
20 Jan 2018 #22
@mkamra and @pbh66 - My start date was 8th Jan 2018
21 Jan 2018 #23
Just checked USCIS website, it says the government shutdown won't affect them and the fee-based applications will continue as usual.
Posted by pbh66
21 Jan 2018 #24
Thank you, at least some good news. Hopefully we will all get it this week
22 Jan 2018 #25
@pbh66 & mkamra - Status just changed to New card is being ordered. I saw one more application from 16th Oct got approved today. I hope you guys get the approval soon.
22 Jan 2018 #26
Hi Stups14, Congrats. Happy for you. when did your status got changed? early morning like 9-9:30 or just now?
Posted by pbh66
22 Jan 2018 #27
Congrats stups14! Hope you'll receive the card soon. I am still waiting ... BTW, what is the range of your receipt number if you don't mind sharing, thank you.
22 Jan 2018 #28
@mkamra- The status changed somewhere between 10.40 am to 11.30 am.
@pbh66 - My range is YSC1890014901 to YSC1890015000.
Hope you guys get an update soon.
22 Jan 2018 #29
Thanks stups14 for your help. Mine also got approved half an hour back.
22 Jan 2018 #30
Congratulations, mkamra! pbh66, hope you get it soon too.
Posted by pbh66
22 Jan 2018 #31
Congrats guys! Thank you @stups14! My receipt range is YSC1890014601 to YSC1890014900 still my status is case was received. Hopefully, I'll get my approval soon, too. Good luck.
Posted by Rajesh2309
23 Jan 2018 #32
Hi everyone, what did you do for the service request, was it e-request or on call? What do you recommend?
23 Jan 2018 #33
@Rajesh - I did online. Over the phone, there is a possibility of error in providing all the information. I like to see all the information before submitting and wanted to make sure they have the right email ID and address, hence I chose online.
23 Jan 2018 #34
hi stups14, have your status changed to "Card mailed", please update when it changes. Thanks
26 Jan 2018 #35
Hi Stups14, have you got your EAD card by post? Thanks Please reply
26 Jan 2018 #36
Hi mkamra- Not yet. I am receiving the notice of approval today from VA via First Class mail and the card tomorrow from Corbin, KY via Priority Mail. Thanks to USPS Informed Delivery. They sent me pictures of the mails.
26 Jan 2018 #37
How did you get these information, do you have tracking number, from where i can get. please reply thanks
26 Jan 2018 #38
Just sign up here with your address https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

USCIS did not give me any tracking number, but USPS automatically sends you a tracking number once they receive a mail or shipment with your address on it.
26 Jan 2018 #39
I have made an account and are you getting this information on informed delivery(under track and manage) ? I am not getting anything. Thanks
26 Jan 2018 #40
It takes 3 days for processing. You may not see anything today. You will receive an email each morning between 8 am to 9 am if any new mail is coming to you. No action needed from your side once you enroll. I am sure you will get the card soon.
26 Jan 2018 #41
Okay so you mean, once we enroll, it takes three days for them to process my address and then i can see if anything is coming to my address? Is that what you mean? I am so scared?
26 Jan 2018 #42
@mkamra - Yes, takes them 3 days to process your address and start sending notifications. Do not worry, once the card is mailed. you will get it soon. Yours was approved on the same, probably you will also get the notice today and the card tomorrow. Good luck.
26 Jan 2018 #43
Thanks for your wishes. wish you good luck too. :-)